Show me the MONEY!!!!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Show me the MONEY!!!!!

Postby Mountainman » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:30 am

Highest Paid Public Employees by State……… 8)

https://worldscholarshipforum.com/wealt ... n-the-usa/

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Show me the MONEY!!!!!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:33 am

-------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose with Harbaugh's departure from the Blue State to the land of o' thousand lakes, that bumps Minnesota up that wrung.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:14 pm

Harbaugh didn't get the job.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:22 pm

It’s worthy of note that out of 50 states in the US, 48 of the highest-paid positions are held by men.

WHY is that worthy of note?????????????????????????????????????????
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:26 am

Derek wrote:
It’s worthy of note that out of 50 states in the US, 48 of the highest-paid positions are held by men.

Obviously, we need more states……… 8)

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:29 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Derek wrote:

Obviously, we need more states……… 8)

Mostly football and high profile basketball coaches. I would say when women's sports starts out drawing men's sports that would change.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:09 pm

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:39 pm

I am not against name image and likeness deals in the same vein as the olympic athletes get NIL. That just makes sense to me. The schools, however, should not be allowed to be involved. Period. The althletes are not employees of the school. The are there as student athletes on scholarship to get an education. What is going on now, brings what used to be cheating to the forefront. It tells you who the people where who were cheating when it wasn't allowed. They are what is bad about the sport and college athletics as a whole. The schools themselves need to completely remove themselves from this process. If they don't, then they will have what they have coming when it all comes crashing down and some enterprising Billionare decides to make it a for profit league and removes the best and the brightest from the colleges and takes away their goose.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:01 pm

Did you happen to see in the article just who’s pushing this thing politically, along with reporting there are surveys that have been taken showing many college athletes do not support the student athletes becoming employees?????? :? :? :?

I suspect we’re about to see yet another reshuffling of teams in college football.

……..btw, Paul Finebaum said today that the SEC divided-up their Mouse Money today. Each SEC team received 54 million dollars, and that came from their current contract they’ve got an even better one awaiting implementation. 8)
Last edited by Mountainman on Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:37 am

The new Modus Operandi……… 8) 8) 8)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -programs/

Anybody wanna bet whether or not there are still ‘bags of cash’ still being distributed??? :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:15 pm

Not sire it is new. Just more open. Still, as the money becomes public, it will boom upwards.
I guess if some rich guy doesn't mind spotting a kid who has never played a down of college football and may never play a down, i guess -have at it.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:40 am

Spence wrote:I am not against name image and likeness deals in the same vein as the olympic athletes get NIL. That just makes sense to me. The schools, however, should not be allowed to be involved. Period. The althletes are not employees of the school. The are there as student athletes on scholarship to get an education. What is going on now, brings what used to be cheating to the forefront. It tells you who the people where who were cheating when it wasn't allowed. They are what is bad about the sport and college athletics as a whole. The schools themselves need to completely remove themselves from this process. If they don't, then they will have what they have coming when it all comes crashing down and some enterprising Billionare decides to make it a for profit league and removes the best and the brightest from the colleges and takes away their goose.

Facts

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:26 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------

So does Kirby Smart's knew contract raise Georgia's status on this map ..?

$11.2 million a season, for the next 10 years.

Hey, that SEC/espn contract will sure help cover most of that.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:45 pm

Well, here we are…….. the NCAA (a.k.a. ‘Buffer’) is history, conferences being blown-up while others are stretching from coast to coast and from the Canadian Border to the Gulf of Mexico, Coaches being paid millions and tens of millions and even over 100 million, TV guys and College Football Playoffs paying billions in order to sell air time to Corporate America……… and darn near every College Football article I read, regardless of whether it’s quoting a College Football executive, director, or Coach, they all are quoted as saying, “We’ve got to get some ‘guardrails’ around NIL. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just show me the money………. 8)

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:33 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------

So does Kirby Smart's knew contract raise Georgia's status on this map ..?

$11.2 million a season, for the next 10 years.

Hey, that SEC/espn contract will sure help cover most of that.

That's a lot of money. I don't believe any coach is worth that much money.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”