Is There A Super Bowl Party Being Planned In Chillicothe??????

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Is There A Super Bowl Party Being Planned In Chillicothe??????

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:35 pm

Congrats Spence, things are going to be hopping in your neck of the woods!!!!!

Let’s Gooooooooo Bengals!!!!!
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is There A Super Bowl Party Being Planned In Chillicothe??????

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:06 pm

Pretty big deal around these parts. I mostly root for Buckeyes In the nfl. I am not a huge NFL fan, but i have to admit at being excited for this game. You never say never, but the Bengals have a big hill to climb to get by the ram’s defense. That offensive line is flat offensive.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:52 am

Great story unfolding with Joe Burrow, a kid from Athens, Ohio leading the Bengals to the Super Bowl after leading LSU to a National Title………. this is the kind of human drama and athletic competition that Jim McKay told us about decades ago with his infamous line about, “The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, the human drama of athletic competition”.

This is great stuff and about as good as it gets……. :D :D :D

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:21 pm

Mountainman wrote:Great story unfolding with Joe Burrow, a kid from Athens, Ohio leading the Bengals to the Super Bowl after leading LSU to a National Title………. this is the kind of human drama and athletic competition that Jim McKay told us about decades ago with his infamous line about, “The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, the human drama of athletic competition”.

This is great stuff and about as good as it gets……. :D :D :D

Burrow is a good kid. I saw him play in the state tournament in high school. He has always carried himself very well. Lots of confidence that doesn't come out as arrogance. He hurt his hand before the competition with Haskins and it took a while to heal or he may have won that competition and started for Ohio State. But it didn't work out. I rooted for him at LSU and I root for him in Cincy. It is hard not to root for this kid.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”