Ohio State cleans house

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Ohio State cleans house

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:07 pm

Ohio State addresses all of the short comings on the team this year. Except for Larry Johnson, I don’t know one coach that was retained on defense and the offensive line coach was replaced.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Ohio State cleans house

Postby Mountainman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:39 pm

Serious folks in Columbus when it comes to football……… it’s one of the major reasons the Buckeyes are an Elite Program, they understand and acknowledge it’s a performance and results based venture, 8) 8) 8)

………btw, Neil Brown at WVU, was ‘told’ to go hire an offensive coordinator, and he did. :wink:

Coach Brown was doing his Head Coaching and was the Offense Coordinator at his OWN CHOOSING…….. as you may recall I was b-I-t-c-h—i-n-g and moaning and whining all last season about the Mountaineer Offense, as there were numerous times they couldn’t get the play called, lineup and run the play resulting in really bad things happening at critical times.

Coach Brown was signed to a 5 year 4 million dollar per year contract with addition bonuses and perks……. He’s going into his 4th year, hopefully he recognized that the sound he heard was a shot fired across his bow. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ohio State cleans house

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:35 pm

Mountainman wrote:Serious folks in Columbus when it comes to football……… it’s one of the major reasons the Buckeyes are an Elite Program, they understand and acknowledge it’s a performance and results based venture, 8) 8) 8)

………btw, Neil Brown at WVU, was ‘told’ to go hire an offensive coordinator, and he did. :wink:

Coach Brown was doing his Head Coaching and was the Offense Coordinator at his OWN CHOOSING…….. as you may recall I was b-I-t-c-h—i-n-g and moaning and whining all last season about the Mountaineer Offense, as there were numerous times they couldn’t get the play called, lineup and run the play resulting in really bad things happening at critical times.

Coach Brown was signed to a 5 year 4 million dollar per year contract with addition bonuses and perks……. He’s going into his 4th year, hopefully he recognized that the sound he heard was a shot fired across his bow. 8)

Yep, a head coach can have a leaning toward one side or the other, but he can't be his own coordinator. Head coach is a CEO of the football team kind of job.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”