Happy New Year !!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Happy New Year !!!

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:11 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

to My CFP Friends ...

May this year be better than the last, and each to follow be even grander still:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFcSfqYqHs4

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Happy New Year !!!

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:16 am

Many voices together made beautiful a beautiful sound……… 8) 8) 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:33 am

Happy New Year to all my board buddies.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:58 pm

Mountainman wrote:Many voices together made beautiful a beautiful sound……… 8) 8) 8)

Hmmmmm, reads to me this morning like a Maker’s Mark Moment last night……. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:59 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Many voices together made beautiful a beautiful sound……… 8) 8) 8)

Hmmmmm, reads to me this morning like a Maker’s Mark Moment last night……. :wink:

It took me a couple of reads, before I settled on: "made a beautiful sound."

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:26 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

It took me a couple of reads, before I settled on: "made a beautiful sound."

It took me a couple of reads this morning too……… actually I was thinking “make a beautiful sound”, but the connection from my brain to my typing finger somehow was negatively influenced, or quite possibly it was all my brains’ fault. :P :P :P

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:38 am

Happy New Year guys....looking forward to another season on the board...

Coming up on a "challenge year"....long time anticipated.

My next birthday puts me at 76. Not a propitious number in my family.

My dad died at 76, my grandfather died at 76, his brother died at 76, a great aunt on my mother's side died at 76 as well as my great grandmother ....The spirits of 76.

My wife has cautioned me for several years about self fulfilling prophecies....I tell her I am competitive and I plan to better their number.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:02 am

billybud wrote:Happy New Year guys....looking forward to another season on the board...

My dad died at 76, my grandfather died at 76, his brother died at 76, a great aunt on my mother's side died at 76 as well as my great grandmother ....The spirits of 76.

My wife has cautioned me for several years about self fulfilling prophecies....I tell her I am competitive and I plan to better their number.

Heck Billybud, forget the family record……. Shoot for Methuselah’s!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:35 pm

billybud wrote:Happy New Year guys....looking forward to another season on the board...

Here is to 20 more years! My dad died of cancer at 69. It always sticks in the back of my mind.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:43 am

Happy New Year everyone!!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”