My List of Excuses

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

My List of Excuses

Postby Yeofoot » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:02 am

First off, I know how OU feels now. I have DVR and replayed the last first down and the receiver was more than a yard short of the first down. It wasn't even that close.

Second, I blame the coaches. I think the offensive game plan was to use KSU as a schrimmage to establish the running game and were trying to fine tune their team instead of trying to win.

Third, I blame the coaches. You know why they rarely call QB sneaks in the NFL, because they want to protect the QB. KSU was winning the trench war on the goalline and they called Colt's number.

Fourth, I blame the coaches. They have very obvious tendencies and rarely mix it up. A jr high coach could guess every play that they are about to run by the formation.

Fifth, I blame myself. I was wearing an unlucky shirt. :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:12 am

Sorry, Yeofoot. That must be a really tough pill to swallow :cry:

I'm still in a state of mild shock that Texas lost tonight. I can't figure out how they did that against a very mediocre Kansas State team. Oh yeah, I agree 100% about that "first down". It wasn't even close! :o
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:30 am

I knew going into the 4th quarter that we'd already used up all the breaks we were going to get this season. It would've taken a miracle to come back, and we got one against Nebraska, and one against TT, you can only get lucky so many times.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:34 pm

Had McCoy been healthy, I think Texas would've won. Snead just didn't have the experience although he did play well enough.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:50 pm

Yeah, I had been blaming it on McCoy being hurt most of the night, but then again, they scored a ton of points against us. Jamaal Charles and Selvin Young have given up some costly fumbles all season. The bright sides to losing this game (it's hard to find em) are that now I don't get my hopes up about winning another NC title. If we won it this year, it would kinda diminish last year. We aren't even in the same category as the team last year. Secondly, we'll still most likely make it to the Fiesta Bowl, and that will be a big win for K-State, and help the Big-12 north return to respectability.

I saw a lot of Texas hats out and about today, which makes me glad that there are still fans that weren't just on the bandwagon.

Return to “General Discussion”