There’s something haunting me........

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

There’s something haunting me........

Postby Mountainman » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:44 pm

........ it’s SPOOKY, and keeps reoccurring. A voice in my head saying the same thing over and over and over, “Don’t sleep on the Buckeyes” :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=i+ ... ORM=VDRVRV
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: There’s something haunting me........

Postby Spence » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:06 pm

I don't think Clemson is going to sleep on Ohio State, but after seeing the secondary play all year, I don't see any way Lawrence doesn't shred them. Ohio State's Dline this year is Ok. They certainally aren't as dynamic this year without Chase Young. Also even though Sermon had a huge game against Northwestern, he hasn't made me a believer. He just doesn't have next level speed.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm

I went to see that Witch up in Fairmont, the one I used to pay to put a spell on Bob Stoops, and asked if she did Exorcisms....... she said she did and it was a specialty of hers. I ask her , “How much does it cost?”, she said, “$200.00 for the Premium Exorcism”. I then said, “That’s expensive, what can I get for a hundred bucks?”......... I still hear the voices in my head saying ‘don’t sleep on the Buckeyes’, but now I see visions of Dabo Swinney and my bed shakes at night. :shock: :shock: :shock:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:57 pm

:lol:

I don’t think Clemson is close to as good as last year. The problem os neither is Ohio State.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:00 am

The thing about me is I have no idea how good these teams are this season....... Clemson????? The question is the same, ‘who have they played?’. Ohio State????? Their sample size is small and the BIG competition is not at the level where it usually is. Notre Dame????? Good looking team, but beat a short handed Clemson and then got blown out when Clemson was at full strength. Alabama????? Appears to me Coach Saban has bought into the notion that offense and points are the name of the game and the Tides’ defense is questionable, especially on the back side. :roll:

In any event, it’s pouring the rain in Memphis, at the Liberty Bowl, where the Mountaineers play tomorrow and the weather forecast is for more rain tomorrow..... that means Advantage Army. In any event it’ll be a game of third downs....... can the the Mountaineers win third downs on defense against the Army Offense and can they convert their own third downs to keep the Army Offense on sidelines, else Army will simply control the game by grinding the clock in a low scoring game....... we’ll see. 8)

........a couple of more musings this morning, I’ll be counting the number of times Army punts the ball. They will not hesitate to go on 4th down in order to keep possession, and with that offense that would mean all they need is 2.5 yards per play to eat clock while making the Mountaineer Offense spectators.

And finally, very little good has come from the absolutely wicked virus this season, but after watching what Oklahoma did to Florida last night, I have no remorse over the cancellation of the WVU/Oklahoma game at the end of last season. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:03 pm

I agree. I really have never had a feel for any team this year.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:19 pm

OK....... here we go!!!!!!! :lol:

We’ve got a game....... :wink: :wink:

Uh-Oh Dabo.......... :shock:
Last edited by Mountainman on Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:42 pm

Fields is hurt. But there defense is as bad as ours.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:51 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, this Clemson team just doesn't feel like they've got that fire which says, "I Want This!"

It isn't only the defense. The offense is not playing sharp, either. They look stuck in 2cnd gear.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:17 pm

Spence wrote:Fields is hurt. But there defense is as bad as ours.

If he can’t play that would be a difference maker and tables could turn......

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:20 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, this Clemson team just doesn't feel like they've got that fire which says, "I Want This!"

It isn't only the defense. The offense is not playing sharp, either. They look stuck in 2cnd gear.

Clemson hasn’t had to defend a player like Fields....... and the Buckeyes have a ‘James Bond’ keeping Lawrence in check.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:42 am

Post game interviews will be interesting........ I’m curious to see if Dabo takes the high road or continues his babbling. :roll:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:51 am

Mountainman wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------

Clemson hasn’t had to defend a player like Fields....... and the Buckeyes have a ‘James Bond’ keeping Lawrence in check.

They haven't had to account for Fields in the second half. Flags are starting to get ridiculous. Except for Sermon's facemask they are getting very ticky tacky.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:04 am

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, at least OSU finally has their win against Clemson ...

I've seen a lot of Buckeyes fans going on & on about how badly they wanted Clemson in the playoffs.

Looks like the team felt the same way.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:17 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, at least OSU finally has their win against Clemson ...

I've seen a lot of Buckeyes fans going on & on about how badly they wanted Clemson in the playoffs.

Looks like the team felt the same way.

The team was the first one to say it. Ten minutes after last year's game. This isn't close to the same team Ohio State had last year. The secondary is not even in the same stratusphere. But neither is Clemson's team as good as last year. Lawrence is a great QB, but he doesn't have the weapons he had last year. As I have been saying for a long time, perception shouldn't get you into the playoffs. Clemson appeared to be a lot better. I think it is about time they just let all the conference champs play and dismiss the committee. This isn't meant to take away anything Clemson did this year. It is just another proof that football is about matchups. Individual and team matchups, the "eye test", is just subjective spew. We don't know how good a league is when they line up mostly cupcakes preseason. If we did there would be no upsets.

Return to “General Discussion”