Championship Week Picks Are Up ...

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Championship Week Picks Are Up ...

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:58 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

With the reduced number of weekly games, I used every game from Friday & Saturday; It gave me just enough to have a handful of Alternate games.

Plus, there are 3 Championship games on Friday, and I didn't want to miss any of those in the predictions.

Link's Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12740

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Championship Week Picks Are Up ...

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Thanks Cane....... I was concerned they might not let you out of the Padded Room. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:31 pm

I think I was considered too unstable for the padded cell ...

I think it should be glaringly obvious, though; that Blake Baker needs to go.

Absolutely Zero defensive adjustments. Against a team that basically ran the same 4 or 5 rushing plays.

If nothing else, I hope this shuts up all of those absurd `Canes fans who were complaining that Notre Dame is unfairly taking Miami's spot in the ACC Championship.

Why take a beating by Clemson, twice, when you can't even avoid getting steamrolled by a NC team who lost to fsu ..?

All while, Florida State picked up McKenzie Milton from UCF as a transfer QB.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:02 am

You’re right, the Canes had no answer to that run game....... I was flipping back and forth between games once things got out of hand and I was thinking, ‘Where’s Warren Sapp when you need him????’

Things are looking up though, good season for the Canes. 8) 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Mountainman wrote:You’re right, the Canes had no answer to that run game....... I was flipping back and forth between games once things got out of hand and I was thinking, ‘Where’s Warren Sapp when you need him????’

Things are looking up though, good season for the Canes. 8) 8)

I'll take the wins we've garnered this year, so long as we can develop for next season.

I don't personally consider it a good season, this year. Mainly because it was a lot of the same from a year ago.

So many of these games were 1 possession from flipping those W's to L's. Then result matters, sure. But we played pretty much the same way last year. Where most of those L's were by 1 or 2 plays. A dropped TD, an overthrown 1rst down that would have iced it.

D`Eriq King is all the difference.

Anyone else at quarterback, and we lose 5 this year, easy.

Against North Carolina; amazing how the offense didn't quit, seeing as the defense acted like they checked out in the 1rst quarter.

I believe that shows the leadership of King. He put the team on his back, and carried us to 26 points.

We lost by 36, but it could have been as bad as Arizona losing by 63.

In the last several seasons, we go 3 & out on 90% of our drives. Had that happened vs NC, who was intent on making a statement against us, they'd have put 80 or more on the board.

King kept us on the field, in the 2cnd half. For what it's worth.

As for no answer to the run game ...

Poor defensive scheming, and terrible tackling.

Anybody who knew anything about North Carolina, knew what their offensive strengths were. You could have watched game tape from a mere few quarters from this season and figured that out.

We all knew what their game plan would be coming in.

So, why couldn't the guy who was getting paid to stop it, designed a better strategy.

Mismatches are one thing. But, the 4-2-5 against a run sweep, when your DB's are playing off the line, and your Safeties are the gap fillers playing out of the secondary?

H e l l, I could have fixed this mess 8 minutes into the game.

And, why did nobody correct the tackling technique?

If you try the shoulder tackle, and the back either bounces off of your or runs you over, every friggin' time; Wrap The Guy Up!!!

Grab High, Slide Low ...

It's not that difficult, if you've got the arm strength to slide down, and grab the legs. At no point did anyone even attempt that.

How??

Why??

It's simple ... we need a change. The mentality of go out there and get `em, simply doesn't exist with this defense.

That begins with coaching.

I've been saying it for a while now, and I'll say it again.

I want Leavitt as our D Coordinator.

That guy wouldn't allow this type of talent go to waste. He's be hard nosed with these players, and demand more from them. If you aren't getting the job done, then let's see how the next man up does in your place --- want to make it to the nfl? Not if you're playing like this. Imagine what those scouting reports look like. Think rounds 5-7, or be a walk on guy who gets cut. Ready yourselves for second string in Canada, boys. Because that's the best you can manage.

Ask ole Dwayne Johnson ... he was a defensive lineman at the U.

He got cut from the Canadian football league because he wasn't good enough.

That's your future kids.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:15 pm

Gentlemen, please take note........ now that’s how to rant!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:41 pm

I would need carpal tunnel surgery if i wrote that much.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:59 pm

Mountainman wrote:Thanks Cane....... I was concerned they might not let you out of the Padded Room. :wink:

Cane from the Bend wrote:All while, Florida State picked up McKenzie Milton from UCF as a transfer QB.

Well, my sanity may have return some ...

I was actually disappointed when I hear that Milton was going to fsu. I thought, wow we let that one slip. What if King goes Pro? Is Tyler Van Dyke really that good?

The coaching staff had said; we're all in on one potential QB recruit. It's either him, or no one in this class.

.?.?.?.?.

You only focused on one guy?! REALLY?!?!

You always want to get at least 1 QB per class. That's recruiting 101.

Then, 2 year USC commit, Jake Garcia decommitted a week ago.

Tonight, Live on Instagram, he announced his commitment to Miami, say, "Let's bring the Natty back." "Let's bring the National Championship program back." "Let's Go! Go Hurricanes!"

Then inked his name to the Miami Contract papers, on camera.

Despite the trouncing we received, and all the schools seeking what Garcia has to offer, he's committed to the U.

This is a major get. The last time we had a QB prospect sign with this much potential, would have been Dorsey.

Cane... [__]

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:12 am

The Miami-UNC game had me puzzled....The Heels ran counter play after counter play all night...no Miami adjustments.

The Cane DE crashed the inside shoulder of the tackle and got sealed inside all night...the Cane linebackers did not cover that move wide...UUNC was sealing their man all night, all along the line, on the same counter plays....who heard of Miami allowing over 500 rushing yards,,,

Defensive Coordinator has to go..IMHO
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:00 pm

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
billybud wrote:The Miami-UNC game had me puzzled....The Heels ran counter play after counter play all night...no Miami adjustments.

The Cane DE crashed the inside shoulder of the tackle and got sealed inside all night...the Cane linebackers did not cover that move wide...UUNC was sealing their man all night, all along the line, on the same counter plays....who heard of Miami allowing over 500 rushing yards,,,

Defensive Coordinator has to go..IMHO

Absolutely No Adjustments ...

Interesting Fact, Mack Brown fired Manny Diaz, as Defensive Coordinator, for having given up over 500 yards of offense in a single game, while coaching at Texas.

Now, Mack Brown's Offensive Coordinator puts up over 700 yards on Diaz's Defensive Coordinator.

Maybe Diaz needs to learn from his mentor, here.

Baker needs to go.

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”