Upset Alert

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Upset Alert

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:25 am

Here are my upset alerts; I'm really feeling them (which could be a bad thing :oops: :lol: ):

12:00 PM Syracuse at South Florida
Maybe the real USF team showed up this week...Maybe they didn't. I'm taking Syracuse. Their defense has been long overdue for a victory in Big East play.

12:00 PM Purdue at Illinois
Here's one where I really want to pull the trigger. Illinois has been steadily improving and Juice Williams will be capable of moving the football on this awful, atrocious defense. Purdue can score when they play against bad teams though. Purdue wins, but they need to make sure they don't suffer a let down.

12:30 PM Georgia at #5 Auburn
Auburn needs to be worried. As Lee Corso would say, "they're a wounded animal" and Georgia is "sneaking around the chicken coop." Auburn's offense without a healthy Kenny Irons is terrible. Georgia's QB situation is awful and they have no playmaking wide recievers. Their offense lacks creativity and is very predictable (the same can be said for Auburn). The ground game hasn't been able to chug along because they have no passing game to set that up. Auburn wins by single digits, but they need to beware because they themselves cannot move the ball against a stingy Georgia defense. If Georgia can get a wee bit of production offensively, their defense won't be so tired late in the game.

12:30 PM Baylor at Oklahoma State
This one is just a hunch. Baylor is without their QB, Shawn Bell. They're starting a freshman who didn't play all that great against Texas Tech. I've got a strange feeling that Okie State will make their bowl quest a little interesting before they play in the Bedlam game. I'm taking the Bears.

3:30 PM #8 California at Arizona
Let's not forget what happened the last time a Pac-10 power went into Tuscon :shock: . Cal might get caught looking ahead.....They win a tight one.

4:00 PM #9 Notre Dame at Air Force
This is just a strange feeling. Nobody has had much success at stopping Air Force's triple option attack and I get the feeling that ND won't either. The altitude might have something to say about this game. Watch for Notre Dame to get off to a slow start, Air Force to blow the lead and keep pace until the middle of the 4th quarter when a Samardizja score gets the Irish up by 14 and they take care of business the rest of the way.

5:30 PM TCU at New Mexico
The Lobos have played well since getting stunned by Portland State in the opening week of the season. They have a great chance against TCU this year.

6:00 PM #14 Boise State at San Jose State
Let's not forget what happened the last time an undefeated Boise State team came to San Jose. The only difference is, SJSU is a heck of a lot better than they were in 2004. I'm not gutsy enough to call this one, but it will come down to the 4th quarter.

7:45 PM Alabama at #12 LSU
Alabama must be fuming and they're looking for redemption. No better place or time to do it then on primetime on ESPN. Alabama keeps this thing within grasp much of the game and they might even win it.

10:15 PM #21 Oregon at #7 USC
This is one that I'm staying up to watch. Jonathan Stewart is going to have a field day and I don't know why people are so sure of themselves when they say that USC is going to win this thing :?
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:19 pm

Holy cow! Baylor...........What happened? :shock:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”