Will Muschamp

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Will Muschamp

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:15 pm

Just saw this....

I'm willing to be money that with the level of friendship between Will and Kirby Smart that he will show up at Ga for a short time until another HC job comes along

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/south-carolina-fires-coach-will-muschamp-after-gamecocks-start-2-5-in-fifth-season/
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Will Muschamp

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:19 am

Derek wrote:Just saw this....

I'm willing to be money that with the level of friendship between Will and Kirby Smart that he will show up at Ga for a short time until another HC job comes along

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/south-carolina-fires-coach-will-muschamp-after-gamecocks-start-2-5-in-fifth-season/

Yeah ... here's what I posted about Muschamp in the My Goodness, What a Weekend of College Football thread.

Cane from the Bend wrote:This is something South Carolina has figure out about Will Muschamp.

They officially axed him yesterday, after falling to 2-5 by losing to Ole Miss on Saturday.

I don't know why they ever hired Muschamp in the first place.

If you wanted to be successful, then why hire a guy who coached florida to a 4-8 record?

The lizards are in one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in College Football, and at the time were #2 in the State, just behind fsu.

South Carolina didn't even wait for the smoke to stop smoldering from uf's furnace, by for they inked the contract. That was perplexing.

Now, I think they are giving him the boot, because they are planning on making a move to Hugh Freeze.

My guess, is the administration has been seeing what Freeze has done with Liberty, and is afraid if they don't make the move now, someone else will make a play on him.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about him landing in Georgia. I just do not think he is the answer Georgia needs.

The issue in Athens looks to be QB IQ, or Kirby understanding what his QB's skill sets are.

Though, admittedly, I'm not close enough to the program to get that bird's eye view of things.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Derek wrote:Just saw this....

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqv8ZDOPr2Y

Pretty much sums up the SEC so far this year, rather well ...

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:35 pm

That guy is hilarious! He does a lot of stuff, mostly SEC, and I see it Facebook.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”