Nothing to See Tonight

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Nothing to See Tonight

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:52 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------

Talk about lacking in competitiveness ...

Two rivalry games [Floyd of Rasedale & The Shula Bowl] were less than contested, to say the least.

Iowa pummeled poor Minnesota, 35-7, winning for the 6th straight time against the Gofers. Which is the longest consecutive streak for Iowa in this series, that dates back to 1891 --- to further illustrate how one sided this game was; Minnesota's 7 points came on a Touchdown with just 14 seconds left in the 4th quarter, to avoid being shutout.

He couldn't do it @ FSU, but he does the job @ FAU; Willy Taggart coaches the Owls to a 38-10 victory over rival FIU.

The Panthers haven't won a game since beating Miami last season. And, like Minnesota above, FIU scored their last points with less than 2 minutes remaining in regulation.

There's still 5 and a half minutes to go in the Cincinnati / ECU game. But, like anyone could have predicted, the Bearcats are dominating. They're just trying to run the clock out now, with a 49-10 lead.

Hopefully tomorrow's games will be better.

Well, just, not the Miami / Va Tech game --- I want to see the `Canes put 50 on `em.
I know it wont happen, of course. Even my line is 34-31.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Nothing to See Tonight

Postby Mountainman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:39 am

.......that’s true, the games were lopsided, I ended-up watching the FAU/FIU game although I do like watching a Kirk Ferentz coached team. Must be some bad blood or something between Ferentz and Fleck, don’t know what was going on with the timeout calling at the end of the game.

In any event I’m a little surprised that the Vegas boys have VaTech as a 2.5 point favorite today against the Canes. I’m thinking they know something the rest of us don’t....... we’ll see.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Mountainman wrote:.......that’s true, the games were lopsided, I ended-up watching the FAU/FIU game although I do like watching a Kirk Ferentz coached team. Must be some bad blood or something between Ferentz and Fleck, don’t know what was going on with the timeout calling at the end of the game.

In any event I’m a little surprised that the Vegas boys have VaTech as a 2.5 point favorite today against the Canes. I’m thinking they know something the rest of us don’t....... we’ll see.

I'm getting to it ...

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:12 pm

“Talk about lacking in competitiveness” ~ Cane

......... what in the world is going on in Happy Valley????? :oops: :oops: :oops:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Mountainman wrote:“Talk about lacking in competitiveness” ~ Cane

......... what in the world is going on in Happy Valley????? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Franklin is gonna have to blame Covid for the season ...

Penn State is in shambles. They played well in the second half of the game. It just was too big of a deficit for them to come back from.

I ask you; who is Penn State going to beat this season:

Iowa --- Nov. 21rst
Michigan --- Nov. 28th
Rutgers --- Dec. 5th
Michigan State --- Dec. 12th

Right now, Iowa looks like a loss to me.
Michigan is just as winnable as it is losable.
Rutgers, same as Michigan.
MSU; might be their only win.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:51 pm

........don’t know who the guy was, but on Sirius Radio this morning he said the reason the Canes were +2.5 by the Vegas Guys was they were down 3 starting offensive lineman.

If that was the case your Canes got some depth!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

And yep, the Mountaineers are playing better...... when I was whining about their play they were AVERAGING almost 11 penalties for 100 yards per game to go along with 5-6 dropped passes to go along with a defense that couldn’t get lined-up. And if you saw some of the absolute SHOTS the quarterback was taking due to missed blocking assignments, you’d have thought as I did that this guys ain’t gonna survive!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:15 pm

Mountainman wrote:........don’t know who the guy was, but on Sirius Radio this morning he said the reason the Canes were +2.5 by the Vegas Guys was they were down 3 starting offensive lineman.

If that was the case your Canes got some depth!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

And yep, the Mountaineers are playing better...... when I was whining about their play they were AVERAGING almost 11 penalties for 100 yards per game to go along with 5-6 dropped passes to go along with a defense that couldn’t get lined-up. And if you saw some of the absolute SHOTS the quarterback was taking due to missed blocking assignments, you’d have thought as I did that this guys ain’t gonna survive!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Miami was down 13 players for having tested positive for Covid.

We got the win. But it was super close.

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”