*** PLEASE READ **** IMPORTANT!!!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

*** PLEASE READ **** IMPORTANT!!!

Postby Derek » Sun May 24, 2020 10:42 am

I have some bad news, I think. It looks like my web hosting provider is pulling the plug on our version of PHP (5.6). They are going to force an upgrade on this site to version PHP 7.2, which this boards software (phpBB 3.0.2) will not support. As a snippet of their email below states, as of May 27th, we'll start seeing the errors like you saw last time.

I'm TRYING to find if they have another server that they will not do this too, and there is the option of moving to a dedicated server, but that is not financially feasible per month.

It was suggested by Matt Congrove that we move to proboards.net...it's free and has a little more functionality. I set up a board to give you an idea of how similar it looks and messed with the themes.

This board would continue to run, with a ton of errors for anyone that wanted a trip down memory lane (like I did with Donovan's posts) at this DNS address until they don't renew it, then you'll need the IP. But I will not take it down completely.

Check it out.....https://cfpmessageboard.boards.net/

I hope we can continue with our little community over there....but I will continue to work with Dreamhost to determine our options.

Hi DreamHoster!

This is a followup to our previous email "PHP Upgrade Aborted" from a few weeks ago. We attempted to upgrade outdated PHP versions, including the following on your DreamHost account:

cfpmessageboard.com - PHPv: php56.cgi - isle-of-wight

Because things didn't look quite right to us after the upgrade, we've rolled things back to the previous version. This email is a reminder that on May 27, 2020, we will be performing a final upgrade of PHP versions on your webserver. At that time, the older PHP versions will be completely removed, so there will no longer be an option to roll back even if your site is still not responding correctly!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: *** PLEASE READ **** IMPORTANT!!!

Postby Mountainman » Sun May 24, 2020 11:21 am

Thanks Derek...... do we simply sign in to the new site with our current user name and password or do we have to establish a new username name and password to gain access.

I signed-up........ no problem, but that Access Code is a doozie!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun May 24, 2020 3:23 pm

Be sure to use your same screen name, so we know who is who!! :lol: 8)

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon May 25, 2020 5:44 am

Well; as I posted over there, Cane from the Bend is not allowed, since no spaces between words in the User Name.

Tried, Cane_from_the_Bend, however, underscores were not valid either.

So I'm registered simply as: Cane

Heck, most of you refer to me as that anyhow. 8)

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Mon May 25, 2020 8:56 am

We MIGHT not be out luck yet.....

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon May 25, 2020 10:34 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:__________________________________________

Well; as I posted over there, Cane from the Bend is not allowed, since no spaces between words in the User Name.

There’s another 4 letter word that most of us “refer” to you as when we look at your game selections for the Weekly Picks and determine around 15 or 16 of the games have a spread of minus 3 or less....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon May 25, 2020 3:17 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:Well; as I posted over there, Cane from the Bend is not allowed, since no spaces between words in the User Name.

There’s another 4 letter word that most of us “refer” to you as when we look at your game selections for the Weekly Picks and determine around 15 or 16 of the games have a spread of minus 3 or less....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a joke about my wife's favorite thing about me in there somewhere ... :mrgreen:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed May 27, 2020 4:30 pm

The forced upgrade is now supposed to happen June 24th. I tell ya, my hosting company....I don't know how they stay in business.

I actually had the board upgraded last night and then somehow....the entire directory that the website is stored in got deleted, and I have no idea how it happened. I was able to get everything restored and get the site back up.

We'll reattempt the upgrade in a few weeks. It's much easier than I thought to do.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed May 27, 2020 8:35 pm

super...thanks for the work
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:47 pm

Went over and signed up at ProBoards. they aren't bad as I am on several other ProBoards sites. And, I actually started a thread. :D It will be too bad though if you can't copy threads over to there.

have fun, Swamp Daddy :lol:
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Return to “General Discussion”