Just Checking In.......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Just Checking In.......

Postby Spence » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:37 pm

I might come to your house.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:54 am

Sure...you bring the steaks !

By the by...I have wondered about "Angus" beef versus regular prime/choice vs American Wagyu....could I tell the difference ?
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:52 am

DAY 31 of isolation...

Today is the day...I need to go to the grocery....kind of queasy about it....I have some chicken and ground beef left...but out of steak ( we have been chowing down on steak), coffee, half and half, lettuce, tomato, eggs, toothpaste, dish washing detergent and just a bunch of stuff...

It is pretty outside...blue sky, temps 30's this morning but 60's predicted for afternoon...we'll walk one of our trails. Earlier in the week, we followed the old trail that was part of the Trail of Tears as the Cherokee were marched from Fort Butler on the way to Tennessee and then on to Oklahoma.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:03 am

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:13 pm

Benny Hill from the old days. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rruUtE-WFYI
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:28 am

An example of some of the current ongoing discussions....... :|

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... to-campus/
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:34 pm

The athletes shouldn't be back to playing before school is back in session. That is just common sense to me.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:46 am

Hope all is well with everyone....... I’m reading where there is much debate about the upcoming College Football Season. The topics are broad in their scope as to the whether’s, how’s and when’s with the revenues generated by football driving the conversations and discussions. That’s understandable considering those revenues fund the vast majority of College Athletic Departments. My question is this, are fans going to attend the games or will the schools be willing to simply settle for the TV dollars???

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:06 pm

My guess is if they have to go fanless several sports at the schools will be cut, because football and basketball funds all other sports at schools.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:51 pm

I’m wondering even if the decision is made to have the season is some shape, form or fashion that includes fans..... will the fans show-up in numbers that would matter??? Meaning would enough fans show-up to cover the cost of setting up a stadium for a game??? I have no idea what that cost is or would be, but just looking around I would think it would be considerable.

My crew has decided not to attend this season, provided there’s no vaccine. There are just too many people in the stadium, restrooms, concession stands, parking lots, hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. Just don’t want to catch it and sureLy don’t want to give it to anyone...... and knowing that money is the primary driver when it comes to NCAA decision making, I’ll err on the side of caution on this one.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:04 am

Spence....check this out...new golf coutse a couple of hours west of me...

https://www.themclemore.com/golf-mclemo ... jwJYapQb5s

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:54 am

Outstanding views. If I make it down to Birmingham this summer I make make the trip over and check them out. I like the mountain courses. I've played several in Tennessee.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:09 am

Mountainman wrote:I’m wondering even if the decision is made to have the season is some shape, form or fashion that includes fans..... will the fans show-up in numbers that would matter??? Meaning would enough fans show-up to cover the cost of setting up a stadium for a game??? I have no idea what that cost is or would be, but just looking around I would think it would be considerable.

My crew has decided not to attend this season, provided there’s no vaccine. There are just too many people in the stadium, restrooms, concession stands, parking lots, hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. Just don’t want to catch it and sureLy don’t want to give it to anyone...... and knowing that money is the primary driver when it comes to NCAA decision making, I’ll err on the side of caution on this one.

If fans are allowed they will come. I don't know if we will go or not. I go back and forth about how serious this thing could be. They use numbers based on what they are trying to justify. I just don't know if it was worth tanking the whole economy.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:58 am

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:I’m wondering even if the decision is made to have the season is some shape, form or fashion that includes fans..... will the fans show-up in numbers that would matter??? Meaning would enough fans show-up to cover the cost of setting up a stadium for a game??? I have no idea what that cost is or would be, but just looking around I would think it would be considerable.

If fans are allowed they will come. I don't know if we will go or not. I go back and forth about how serious this thing could be. They use numbers based on what they are trying to justify. I just don't know if it was worth tanking the whole economy.

Yep, I figure you’ll right about the fans showing-up, it’ll be interesting to see how many do. Those TV dollars will be an influence to the, as Donovan might say, ‘Eunuchs’. :wink:

Hopefully, the right call was made on shutting things down....... as we know being Football Fans the call is made based on what’s believed at the time the decision needs to be made and if it works you’re a genius and if it doesn’t you’re a freakin’ idiot.

Right Derek???? :D :D :D

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:29 pm

Man...you love them lil round yellow faces.

Must be a generational thing....us old dudes are too old school to use emoticons I guess.

Return to “General Discussion”