Games Tonight

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Games Tonight

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:27 am

Louisville vs. Rutgers, Buffalo vs. Akron, and Wyoming vs. BYU. This should make for one very good night in football!

Rutgers has not looked all that impressive but, from what I can tell, they have improved since their first game vs. North Carolina. They remind me of that mediocre team that has confidence that they will win. They are never capable of blowing anybody out. So I think we'll be in for a good game. The Cards are very beatable on the road, so it'll be close no matter which side pulls it off. I like Rutgers tonight.

Buffalo and Akron also play on ESPNU tonight. I'm taking the Bulls (Sorry Jason G) but Akron has been struggling and not looking very good as Buffalo must be brimming with confidence that they knocked the snot out of Kent State. Buffalo is improving. We'll see them in bowl contention probably by 2008.

Wyoming is a pretty decent team, but they don't have much of a chance at beating BYU. The Cougars are too powerful.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:00 am

Wow, what a finish! Now, the question has to be asked, what does the BCS do now? Let's see. Nebraska will beat Texas in the Big 12 championship game, but I've got this strange feeling about Florida/FSU. With Xavier Lee taking the reigns for the 'Noles, the offense is sparked and will finally start to move again. He had to get that Maryland game under his belt, and the Seminoles will start looking like the Seminoles near the end of the year. USC can't win out against those teams. So I wonder what will happen :?

As for the Buffalo/Akron game, it was a nice win for the Zips. That game they play against Western Michigan will decide which of those teams goes bowling. I thought Buffalo would ride of the emotion of destroying the Golden Flashes, but that didn't exactly happen :oops:

Wyoming might as well not even have shown up to play BYU today. I'm telling you guys, make sure you cast a vote in your top 25 for BYU this week if you hadn't already; they look pretty scary :shock:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”