Game Tonight

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Game Tonight

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:42 pm

Northern Illinois is going to play Toledo tonight. Who do you like in this game?

I'll take Garrett Wolfe and the Huskies over a sad Toledo team. They are bad. Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and I'll be cheering for Toledo because NIU will steal a bowl bid away from the Western/Central loser if the team finishes 7-5.

Key Stat of the Night:
Toledo has won 11 of the last 12 games vs. Northern Illinois. However, this is a different Toledo teams from years past.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:23 pm

Northern Illinois should win...it would be an upset if Toledo beats 'em.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:24 pm

Like I've said before, this year in the MAC you never know who is going to win ANY game. I mean Buffalo put up 41 last week and Ball State lost in Ann Arbor by only 8 points. On the flip side, a team in the middle of the standings in Bowling Green actually lost to Temple. The MAC is just crazy this year.

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:17 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Great finish! :D

I am really happy over here. I thought NIU would go 7-5 and while being a game worse than both Western and Central Michigan, would get the bowl bid over Friday night's loser. I'm really happy that this loss to Toledo will stick out on their resume. Now there's no way they shouldn't give the 3 MAC invites to Ohio, Western, and Central Michigan.

I'd like the MAC to get 4 bowl bids. I think we only have 3 teams that are actually decent enough to go to bowl games this year, but most years, we have 4 or 5 teams really trying to get selected for, what was, 2 spots. Maybe we'd get an at-large in there. But maybe with the Birmingham Bowl, they might take a MAC team since they have a tie-in with that conference. However, they also have a tie-in with the Big East which leads me to believe that USF will go there.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “General Discussion”