Thoughts after CCG's

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Thoughts after CCG's

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:08 am

1...Burrows at LSU is a generational talent as is Trevor Lawrence at Clemson.

2...The year of the quarterbacks with Justin Fields & Jalen Hurts also in the CFP. This season show cases the importance of having a great quarterback.

3...LSU should be #1...very impressive...Oklahoma #4...Clemson and Ohio State in the middle...either could be #2 or #3...I think Clemson will go #3. No matter...they will play each other.

4...random musings

....Clemson has won last five games by margins of + 30. Ran over Virginia playing back ups the whole 4th quarter. Five RB's played.

....LSU looks really good...had only three close games but against good teams...Auburn, Alabama, Texas.

....Ohio State has rolled everybody..."close" games are still those won by double digits.

....the Buckeyes can't slumber for a quarter in the CFP with Clemson.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Thoughts after CCG's

Postby billybud » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:24 am

Further thoughts....

....I can see why being #1 is important to LSU or Ohio State....I'd much rather play Oklahoma than Clemson.

....Utah blew it...had it all in front of them...tough for Ute fans,

....A new World Order...while defense is good to have...it is offenses that put the CFP teams where they are.

....Matt Rhule at Baylor deserves an award...from 1-11 two years ago to almost being Big 12 Champ and now going to the Sugar Bowl withh 11 wins.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:47 am

Joe Burrow should win the Heisman.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:13 pm

LSU is very impressive. Ga's defense is stellar, and LSU scored 37, though 14 was off turnovers deep in Ga territory. It's Ga's $&&#&# offense that laid an egg. And your star kicker misses two in one game, that's never happened before.

This might be the best round of playoffs we've had yet. I have no idea who is better of the top 3. I don't see Oklahoma making it past the first round though.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:42 pm

The cool things for those 4 teams is they still have an argument, which is better than not having one - regardless of whether any are 1,2,3, or 4. They have 100% better chance at the championship than #5.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”