Georgia's First below 500 season in years

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Georgia's First below 500 season in years

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:35 pm

:cry: :cry:

I got a little excited after 5-0 and then reality hit. I dont know what's going on, but I want somebody's job.

The defense is TERRIBLE! I'll start with him!! :evil:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

colorado_loves_football

Re: Georgia's First below 500 season in years

Postby colorado_loves_football » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:55 pm

Derek wrote::cry: :cry:

I got a little excited after 5-0 and then reality hit. I dont know what's going on, but I want somebody's job.

The defense is TERRIBLE! I'll start with him!! :evil:
Well, they were never a very 'solid' team, defensively, if you ask me. But, I give them credit, for staying strong, through adversity. It's the mark of a good program. Against Tennessee, they nearly rallied, and won, but couldn't keep them (Volunteers) out of the end-zone. They followed that up with a loss, at home, to Vanderbilt, but that was partly a result of a failed 2-pt conversion, which, if made, send the game into OT. Their latest loss (to Kentucky) doesn't necessarily 'mean' they are at 'rock bottom'. Kentucky's coach (I believe he used to be Oregon's coach) has turned them around, in short order. And, they gave Louisville a game, at least offensively. To be 'fair' to both teams, Kentucky is clearly 'improving' as a football team, Georgia appears to be in a 'lull', but I fully expect them (Bulldogs) to be a very good bowl team, this year.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:07 pm

Well, they were never a very 'solid' team, defensively, if you ask me.

Georgia is currently ranked #16 in Total Defense....not too shabby out of 119 schools.

It is the offense that is in trouble...ranking #85 in Total Offense.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:14 pm

billybud wrote:
Well, they were never a very 'solid' team, defensively, if you ask me.

Georgia is currently ranked #16 in Total Defense....not too shabby out of 119 schools.

what do we care about the wretched 119.....it is only the bourgeois top 8 that is worthy.....
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:25 pm

what do we care about the wretched 119.....it is only the bourgeois top 8 that is worthy.....

We really don't....just like the guy with an IQ of 140 doesn't worry about the guys at the other end of the bell curve...they serve only as a place to measure distance from.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:51 pm

billybud wrote:Georgia is currently ranked #16 in Total Defense....not too shabby out of 119 schools.

Sorry, Billybud, I respect you as a person (to some degree) but I don't agree with your approach. You like to 'stir up' debate, when it isn't necessary. If Georgia has such a good defense, then why are they losing to teams (Vanderbilt) they have no business losing to? Offense?
Seems to me, they were ahead, before the Commodores scored a late FG. A good defense would likely have prevented that. Georgia's offense was why they beat Colorado, plain & simple. You never cite your references (that's not only unethical, I think it's illegal, besides!).
I don't really care where you get your information. Sometimes, it's 'valuable' more frequently it's just plain wrong. Don't tell me where you get it, I don't really care to know (It will corrupt me).

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:03 pm

CLF...You run around accusing others of being unethical or doing something illegal. It doesn't help that you are barely literate and have difficulty understanding the point of many posts, misquote people, and get your facts wrong.

I really don't give a rat's a## about your like, respect, etc. To me, you are fairly irrelevant and I am sorry that I made the mistake of not scrolling past your blathering.

Wasted my time...sigh. (personal note...ignore such blather in the future).

Return to “General Discussion”