Ohio State - Penn State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Ohio State - Penn State

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:52 pm

I have said before that I hadn't seen any holes in Ohio State's game. At the game Saturday, I did see somethings I can't explain. Ohio State had receivers running open all day on Penn State and they weren't throwing it to them. Not a little open, wide open. I don't know if Justin Fields is hurt, he can't make those deep throws, or the staff had just decided since the weather was crappy they weren't going to throw the deep ball. Ohio State out played Penn State everywhere except the turnover margin - which they were abysmal. That is my concern going forward. Either Day tightened up the offense, Fields can't make those throws, or Fields is hurt. I don't know the answer, but if it is either one of the last two, Ohio State may not win the game this week.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ohio State - Penn State

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:51 pm

Ohio St will have no trouble winning this week IMO. I believe the committee and the country would love to see OSU/GA in the first round. So they can pit the two QBs against each other.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:17 pm

Derek wrote:Ohio St will have no trouble winning this week IMO. I believe the committee and the country would love to see OSU/GA in the first round. So they can pit the two QBs against each other.

Eric's teams is playing good and it is supposed to be really nasty in AA this weekend. I would like Ohio State on a fast track, but it looks like it will be anything but.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:30 pm

I’ll raise an eyebrow and chuckle, and then just shake my head if the the Buckeyes are not ranked #1 this week.

In any event, I’m looking forward to see how many guys Harbaugh has trying to block Chase Young this week...... I figure he’ll have a tackle and tight end along with a running back chipping.

To me the rankings will be Ohio State, LSU, Clemson and Alabama...... Georgia has shown a great defense, but their offense just ain’t scoring enough points, and it’s just the reverse for Oklahoma, lots of points, but their defense just ain’t stopping anybody and giving up too many points.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:48 pm

Derek wrote:Ohio St will have no trouble winning this week IMO. I believe the committee and the country would love to see OSU/GA in the first round. So they can pit the two QBs against each other.

That's certainly one story they'd run with ...

The other, is put them against the other two, and see the Fields/Fromm Championship game.

If Clemson is #3, while OSU is #2; then they have the rematch where Ohio State is given the chance to redeem themselves from being shutout by Clemson in the 1rst round, like they did a couple years back.

Though, I don't think the country would tolerate LSU/Georgia Conference Championship round 1, then round 2 in the tournament.

I also think there's a story to be told, Joe Burrow, who transferred from OSU to LSU, could play against the Buckeyes in the playoff.

As for Alabama --- With backup quarterback in for Tua; a Blowout win this week in the Iron Bowl, would have similar shades of Ohio State, who won the first playoff with their 3rd string QB, blowing the doors and windows off of Wisconsin to get in --- Alabama was the team Ohio State beat in the Semi-final round of 2014.

It doesn't really matter how it all turns out; the media will have their story.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:32 pm

Weather Report for Ann Arbor This Saturday:

High Temperature: 39 degrees
Cloud Cover: 97%
Precipitation: Snow, Sleet and Rain
Wind: 9 mph, gusting to 17 mph

This one is going to be a Classic, with National Implications along with the perfect setting for a Heated Rivalry where the teams both share respect and distain for one another.

Questions: Can Ohio State stop the Michigan Passing Game and can Michigan stop the Ohio State Running Game making their opponent one dimensional??? Which team turns the ball over, and which team scores points off turnovers??? :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:36 pm

Mountainman wrote:Weather Report for Ann Arbor This Saturday:

High Temperature: 39 degrees
Cloud Cover: 97%
Precipitation: Snow, Sleet and Rain
Wind: 9 mph, gusting to 17 mph

This one is going to be a Classic, with National Implications along with the perfect setting for a Heated Rivalry where the teams both share respect and distain for one another.

Questions: Can Ohio State stop the Michigan Passing Game and can Michigan stop the Ohio State Running Game making their opponent one dimensional??? Which team turns the ball over, and which team scores points off turnovers??? :wink:

I would rather face them with dry weather. Then it is best man wins. But as is often the case with this game it is going to be nasty.

Return to “General Discussion”