Crooks + rankings

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Crooks + rankings

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:11 pm

AP # 12 = Florida? Give me a break! ESPN's replays of the Outback Bowl clearly showed FIVE bad calls. ALL of which went against Iowa. All of which were "game-changing calls". Heck ---- the Network even "shut off the mic" of the game's announcers! - because they were fed up with this "THROWN GAME"!!!

If the game would have been called fairly, the HAWKEYES would have won by at least 2 touchdowns. Sad....

Oh yes --- here's a "rare" one: the NCAA is "investigating" five "contreoversial" calls that ocurred during the Outback bowl---funny thing is...all of the "controversial" calls went against IOWA???? (none went aginst Florida).

With millions of dollars changing hands (football betting), I find it odd that the "Vegas odds" changed 1.5 points in less than 24 hours prior to this game???? (to most experts, this is unheard oif).

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:43 pm

Larry, you ole Hawkeye you, is that you? Come out, come out where ever you are. :lol:

C'mon, sigh in and join us. :wink:

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:22 am

I only bet against my team, so that way if we lose, there's a consolation prize. If my team wins, I'm more than happy to pay.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:06 pm

what makes you think that was larry??? :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:16 pm

Well, it reminded me of Larry's frustration with the circumstances that surrounded the Hawkeyes this past season. :?

If the author had made that post and asked for your measurements, I wouldn't have had to ask. :wink:

Larry

Postby Larry » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:31 pm

You guy & gal are too funny!!! LOL Larry

wait.....do I need spell check for this one?

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:55 pm

Hey Larry, hows things in the great state of Iowa. I see where your coach decided the NFL was not for him. He seems like a good guy ... glad he decided to stay with the Hawkeyes.

Larry

Postby Larry » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:03 pm

I'm just waiting for spring. How are you doing?

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:41 pm

Have you heard from Boomer?

Did you know Spence and his wife are going to have a baby?

Did you read where I had a voodoo lady put a hex on Eric for picking the Mountaineers to be a big disappointment this coming season?

Read the "smack" between Yeofoot and Rich in the aftermath of the USC and Texas game ..... pretty good stuff .... funny, entertaining and enlightening ...... from both sides.

The Mountaineers are playing Providence in basketball, gotta go watch the game. Take care and I'll talk to you later.

Larry

Postby Larry » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:14 pm

I e-mailed Boomer recently, but so far no reply. Earlier this winter he e-mailed (from Europe). He said most European men seemed "gay"!!! Anyway, I hope we hear from him cuz he was quite a guy. A good friend.

Return to “General Discussion”