Soooooo,

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 10475
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Re: Soooooo,

Postby billybud » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:28 am

There is a NCAA Division I Oversight Committee...

WVU's AD, Shane Lyons, is the Chair (presumably representing the WVU President's policies)....The NCAA is not some Borg...it is an organization made of of universities...who follow their Presidents' leads.

And the Presidents respond to their market....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

User avatar
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 3969
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:25 am
Location: South Bend, IN (domerville usa)
Contact:

Re: Soooooo,

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Mountainman wrote:PAC12 pushes back on California ‘Pay-For-Play’ law.

Western Athletic Conference Commissioner pushes back on California ‘Pay-For-Play’ law.

Barry Alvarez, Athletic Director at Wisconsin, says, ‘we won’t be scheduling any California Schools in the future........ ‘


https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-ba ... 650ktx8gmn


This is precisely what I was talking about when this conversation started.

Those senators are not looking at it from a total picture perspective. The games will go on without California Schools involvement. And the NCAA in this case has more leverage than the Politicians do.

In the end; if the California Schools get left out, there will be a bunch of Athletes leaving to transfer where they will be allowed to play. The other Student Athletes who are , left over, will lose their scholarships.

This is the price of people who want to have a positive public image, that do not actually care about those they are effecting, getting in over their heads.

.
.
.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 10475
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Re: Soooooo,

Postby billybud » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:26 pm

Ohio State athletics director Gene Smith, who is co-chairing the working group, told USA TODAY Sports this week that if Newsom signs the bill, the uncertainty surrounding a potential difference between California law and NCAA rules would prompt him – for now -- not to schedule games against California schools for dates after Jan. 1, 2023, because he does not see how they could remain NCAA members unless differences between the law and the NCAA’s rules can be resolved.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 10475
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Re: Soooooo,

Postby billybud » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:33 pm

The Pac-12, meanwhile, is poised to lose four of its members—UCLA, USC, Cal and Stanford—in the event those schools can’t continue as NCAA members. The Pac-12 might need to be reconstituted as the Pac-8. The potential loss of revenue to the conference is considerable. The Pac-12 is in the middle of a $3 billion, 12-year TV rights deal where both ESPN and Fox pay for the right to broadcast Pac-12 games. The deal will expire in 2024—one year after the Act is scheduled to go into effect. Future conference business deals without the California schools, along with their fan bases and purchasing power, would be more difficult to negotiate. It’s thus not surprising that the Pac-12 swiftly issued a statement on Monday denouncing the Act. These same basic points also apply to the Mountain West Conference, which includes as members San Diego State, Fresno State and San Jose State.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

User avatar
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am

Re: Soooooo,

Postby Mountainman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:57 pm

billybud wrote:There is a NCAA Division I Oversight Committee...

WVU's AD, Shane Lyons, is the Chair (presumably representing the WVU President's policies)....The NCAA is not some Borg...it is an organization made of of universities...who follow their Presidents' leads.

And the Presidents respond to their market....




Yep, Lyons is the Chair, but you ‘presume’ too much. Obviously, you don’t know Lyons or Gordon Gee........ Lyons has proven he’s not a messenger boy or a yes man and Gee has a history of having no use for a ‘yes man’ and Lyons was hired by Gee.

......btw, Gee once told the ‘NCAA’ that the only way something or other would be implemented would be over his ‘Cold, dead body....’ and he’s stlll here. 8)
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

User avatar
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 3969
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:25 am
Location: South Bend, IN (domerville usa)
Contact:

Re: Soooooo,

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:56 pm

---

The Washingtons, the Oregons, the Arizonas, Colorado and Utah would all be in play ...

Remember when the Big 10, Pac-12 and SEC attempted to collapse the Big XII?

If the Pac has to play without the California Schools in the foreseeable future; don't be too surprised if the Big XII retaliates, and plucks up 2 or 4 of those programs.

As we've all seen, money is always more of an incentive than tradition or loyalty. Realignment is not off the table, ever.

.
.
.
Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 10475
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Re: Soooooo,

Postby billybud » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:50 am

Mountainman wrote:
billybud wrote:There is a NCAA Division I Oversight Committee...

WVU's AD, Shane Lyons, is the Chair (presumably representing the WVU President's policies)....The NCAA is not some Borg...it is an organization made of of universities...who follow their Presidents' leads.

And the Presidents respond to their market....




Yep, Lyons is the Chair, but you ‘presume’ too much. Obviously, you don’t know Lyons or Gordon Gee........ Lyons has proven he’s not a messenger boy or a yes man and Gee has a history of having no use for a ‘yes man’ and Lyons was hired by Gee.

......btw, Gee once told the ‘NCAA’ that the only way something or other would be implemented would be over his ‘Cold, dead body....’ and he’s stlll here. 8)



I don't presume anything...I am telling you that the guys in charge of NCAA policy...are guys like Gee and Lyons....

You rail on about the NCAA as if they are some faceless organization...they aren't...they are Gee, Lyons, and dozens of college guys like them.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 10475
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Re: Soooooo,

Postby billybud » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:05 am

Stop the madness.

Now New Haven announces they want to move up to Division I....
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

User avatar
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am

Re: Soooooo,

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

billybud wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
billybud wrote:There is a NCAA Division I Oversight Committee...

WVU's AD, Shane Lyons, is the Chair (presumably representing the WVU President's policies)....The NCAA is not some Borg...it is an organization made of of universities...who follow their Presidents' leads.

And the Presidents respond to their market....




Yep, Lyons is the Chair, but you ‘presume’ too much. Obviously, you don’t know Lyons or Gordon Gee........ Lyons has proven he’s not a messenger boy or a yes man and Gee has a history of having no use for a ‘yes man’ and Lyons was hired by Gee.




......btw, Gee once told the ‘NCAA’ that the only way something or other would be implemented would be over his ‘Cold, dead body....’ and he’s stlll here. 8)



I don't presume anything...I am telling you that the guys in charge of NCAA policy...are guys like Gee and Lyons....

You rail on about the NCAA as if they are some faceless organization...they aren't...they are Gee, Lyons, and dozens of college guys like them.




..........there’s a contradiction in there somewhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 10475
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Re: Soooooo,

Postby billybud » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:28 pm

Yes...and I was pointing it out to you.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

User avatar
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am

Re: Soooooo,

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:07 pm

billybud wrote:Yes...and I was pointing it out to you.




‘Presumably’ you don’t ‘presume’, but you ‘point’??????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 10475
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Re: Soooooo,

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:43 am

Yes...I point out that you go on about the NCAA as if they are some controlling entity...while ignoring that it is folks like WVU's President and AD who are the policy influencers and makers.

The NCAA is the programs themselves...and Gee's employee, the AD, Chairs the Division I Oversight Committee. A major NCAA policy maker.

Not that I think that Gee adds value.

I think that Gee is a public relations dope and, without some personal changes, unsuitable to be the public face of a major university. Ohio State certainly thought so. He was retired from Ohio State for his stupidity after Ohio State called his actions "unacceptable".



COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Records show that then-Ohio State president Gordon Gee took his time apologizing for remarks critical of Roman Catholics, the University of Notre Dame and Southeastern Conference schools.

The records indicate that Gee waited several weeks to start the process despite a March letter from university trustees directing him to begin promptly.

In the wake of the recordings, Notre Dame spokesman Dennis Brown said, "We find the remarks most regrettable, particularly regarding Father Joyce, who served Notre Dame and collegiate athletics so well and for so long.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 10475
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Re: Soooooo,

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:57 am

Anti Catholicism is a real touch point with the Irish....although it used to be much more prominent in my father's time.

The Irish became the Fighting Irish when they fought the KKK in South Bend....a real battle royal.

For those who appreciate history...and how it reverberates...link below


http://mentalfloss.com/article/503749/d ... -klux-klan
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

User avatar
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:42 am

Re: Soooooo,

Postby Mountainman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Is this an example of what you refer to as ‘rail on’?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director
Posts: 10475
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Re: Soooooo,

Postby billybud » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:46 pm

you bet.

If you continue a conversation, as you did , with nonsense like ...‘Presumably’ you don’t ‘presume’, but you ‘point’??????? :lol: :lol: :lol

I will endeavor to more fully elucidate my point.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests