Bored in Alabama?????

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Bored in Alabama?????

Postby Mountainman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 am

Well, the games so far have been lopsided, and it is hot and humid this time of year in Tuscaloosa....... a Cold Beer and Air Conditioning would be tempting. :?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ome-games/
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Bored in Alabama?????

Postby donovan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:26 am

Let's pay the players and the fans.

For all those that think winning the mythical national championship is the solution may just look at Alabama and wonder. You want more fans in the stands to stay the entire game, then put a more entertaining game on the field. Alabama games are boring, not because they always win but because they always win. I don't suggest not winning, but I do suggest how Alabama has gone about it may not be the key.

Look at Virginia. Fans have turned out, sitting, as I understand, on the hill. Listen to Mendenhall's speech versus Saban. One thinks he has an entitlement of fans, the other that he has to put on a program that earns them.

People not going to Alabama's games is not news, the fact anyone would, is.

The majority of people in football stands on a Saturday do not care about football. Some programs get that and they give them reasons to come and have fun, win or lose.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Caesar had a similar issue with the fans when the Christians and the Lions teed it up at the Colosseum........ :wink:

Thank goodness there’s only one way to spell Bryant-Denny Stadium. :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:55 pm

I wonder if the Collesium had sufficient urinals?
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:42 pm

donovan wrote:I wonder if the Collesium had sufficient urinals?

For the people or the lions?
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Alabama, last season, still averaged almost five times the attendance average of MWC teams....according to the NCAA.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:04 pm

donovan wrote:I wonder if the Collesium had sufficient urinals?

Oh absolutely, Caesar insisted that there be urinals for everyone, his staff, dignitaries, politicians, all fans,...... for everyone except the Guards of his Harem, they’re called Eunuchs, and Caesar told the architects, engineers and builders those guards wouldn’t be needing a urinal.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:30 am

Which, in our great randomly circular conversations...brings us to discussing.... Roman P.

A great tune by Psychodelic TV about Roman Polanski.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”