USC Traditions

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:56 pm

Can anyone say ... left winged liberal lunatics ... three times, real fast, after drinking a six pack? :wink:

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:00 pm

Up until the Rose Bowl, the Texas Cheerleaders always had terrible uniforms that made them look not nearly as hot. I was thoroughly impressed/surprised when I saw them. Chaps have never been such a great thing. And it's a relief that the V is historical. A&M does a thumbs up and says "gig 'em" why, I don't know, other than to irritate us.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:04 pm

Anyone else realize what a bandwagoner website this is? Almost everyone here represents a school that had 10-13 wins.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:42 pm

Anyone else realize what a bandwagoner website this is? Almost everyone here represents a school that had 10-13 wins.

Rich started coming on here before USC was good. I was here right after Tressel's 1st. year. (7-5) Larry was here before Iowa won anything. Mountainman was here before it was evident that WVU was going to win their conference. The guys that have been around a while have been here through the good and bad. If you stay long enough you will see some bad times too. Being a fan means you will still be there though the bad times.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:12 pm

Wow, I didn't even know this site has been up for so long. Yeah, it's great having a coach that wins again. Florida had been pillaging Ohio and Texas, taking all their 5 star recruits, they don't get away with that anymore. I'm moving to Mesa, AZ, man that would be nice if Ohio or Texas makes it to the Fiesta, cause I'll have a plethora of buddies passing out all over my living room. Rich, see, I told you these guys don't let me get away with anything.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:28 pm

Wow, I didn't even know this site has been up for so long.

Actually it was the old site, not technically this site, but we have been here awhile. Moving from Cleveland to Mesa, huh. The winters are a little different. Good Luck with the move. You should stick around here when you have the time. It can get pretty interesting here at times. We are never going to solve the worlds propblems, but i liken this site to sitting on a bar stool arguing sports with my buddies. Since I got married this bar stool works better then the one I occupied before I got married.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:29 pm

"The hand that rocks the cradle truly rules the world."

-- William Wallace

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:44 pm

"The hand that rocks the cradle truly rules the world."

And the sooner we realize this the easier our lives can be. You are a wise (mountain) man.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:59 pm

I've seen more than my fair share of bad years for the Sooners... remember those Schnellenberger days... you're lucky if you don't...

But now you have Bob Stoops and he has restored the program. This was a down year, but Stoops won't have 2 in a row. You can count on that.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:17 pm

It's funny how we remember the bad times more then the good. The Cooper years at Ohio State are etched into my head. Those were real torture. He teased us every year with unreal talent and then just like clockwork preceeded to lose to Michigan and the bowl game. It didn't matter who we played in the bowl game we lost.

He did give us the one Rose Bowl. I guess that team was so talented that even he couldn't screw it up. Of coarse he did lose to Michigan that year and blow a chance at the NC. :x

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:20 am

I'm too young to remember very many of the truly bad times. I was a HUGE John Mackovic fan, he won the very last SWC championship, then won the very first Big-12 championship. Everyone remembers that game, Nebraska was #2 or #4, and Texas was up by 3 with the clock winding down, and from the wrong 30, they went for it on 4th and short, they faked the dive, and ran an option pass, James Brown dumped it off and they receiver ran for a 50 yard gain, we ended up winning by 10. Then we got to go to the Fiesta Bowl, and we went through Linebacker 101 when we played Penn State and faced Lavaar Arrington & Co. Then the next year, UT did poorly and Mackovic got axed and they brought in Mack Brown.

You know how you refer to the Cooper years, I refer to the Chris Simms years. He was the #1 QB out of high school, supposed to be THE MAN. Then we had the top 3 receivers out of high school the next year, back to back #1 recruiting classes. And we did great, except in the big games. OU embarrassed us, not just beat us, but embarassed us, badly 4 years in a row. Last year, they just beat us, and I was just relieved it was close. We had so many 10 win seasons, just to be disappointed over and over. And it was hard to hate Chris, because when I was recruited by Texas, he was the only player that was genuinely nice to me, well he and Quentin Jammer. But I just remember being so surprised what a nice dude he was. But, he still never beat OU.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:20 pm

You know how you refer to the Cooper years, I refer to the Chris Simms years. He was the #1 QB out of high school, supposed to be THE MAN.

Yeah, but you only had to deal with him for 4 years, we had Coop for 10. Cooper was a good coach, like Simms was a player, sometimes people are just snakebit.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:56 pm

I have so much more sympathy, now that I know that my perceived empathy was 40% of what you went through.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:26 pm

Yes but it is over now and the both schools have big crystal trophies to prove it. :D

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:31 pm

Aren't they beautiful!

Return to “General Discussion”