BCS Projections

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:15 pm

billybud wrote:
Just so we understand each other....

Yes, we have been around this before...CLF can't figure the record of his own team....You are again wrong.

TCU...SIX games with Ohio State...1 win...equals .167 winning percentage (and one tie!)

Count 'em..SIX GAMES...SIX, not five...SIX, SIX, SIX (Says the Devil!)

1.5/6 = .250 by anyone's calcuator. - CLF
Does your calculator lack a decimal point? Or is it the operator? 1.5/6 = .25 by anyones math.
And, it's really not that hard to calculate, even without one.
Billybud, I don't necessarily mind someone taking an 'opposite' point of view, but do it based on 'solid' evidence, not conjecture.
Yes, they've played 6 times, throughout their history, EVERY game in OH.
(seems to me, that should give the Buckeyes, an 'advantage', but what do I know?). So, 25% (not .166666666667) like you are suggesting, is what they are, nothing more, nothing less. .25 isn't that great, by don't 'sully' it simply because you don't agree, with the math.
Maybe you could benefit from a statistics class. I took one, in college.
It doesn't make me any 'smarter' than you, but probably a lot better, in terms of how I arrange my 'figures'.
I, for one, am getting tired of 'translating' your 'dubious' figures, anyway.
You just posted another one, relating conference winning %. Why should I 'trust' those figures? I'll save you a lot of time, I don't.
Boise St, has beaten a 'ranked' opponent (Oregon St). So, that's one.
Hawaii will likely be ranked, by season's end. That's two.
As far as SOS is concerned, there isn't (to my knowledge) one way to 'gauge' it. You don't even cite your references, that's called 'plagairism' where I come from. Either way, they're about as 'reliable' as your math skills. Mine are atrocious, so what are yours?

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:06 pm

huh? So one win out of six equals 25% in your math?

LOL...TCU did not win 1.5 games. They won 1, tied 1, and lost 4. You have to WIN a game for it to be counted as a win. There is no such methodolgy for figuring winning percentages nor team records. The NCAA doesn't award half wins for a tie...A TIE is a tie. Nobody does but you.

Make up your own weird math to suit yourself...be my guest. It's wrong, however.

Their winning percentage against OSU is .16666666666666666

Save yourself time and quit reading my posts....they are several grades past you.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “General Discussion”