15 minute Sober Up Time

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

15 minute Sober Up Time

Postby donovan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:09 am

Leave it to the school that raises more money than any in the nation to garner the last farthing from their fans. (This is of course only about money because anyone that has ever been to a college football game knows liquor abounds regardless of whether it is sold at the stadium or not.) The good news is they are officially giving their fans one quarter to sober up. And on personal observation, most Aggie fans, the absolute ruddiest and crudest in the nation, most are snockered at kickoff time.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26965624/texas-first-sec-expand-alcohol-sales

A scientific survey conducted by me at a local lumber yard, when asked, "What do you think of serving booze at a SEC college football game?" 66.66667%, of the three people, said, "Gracias señor, me gustaría un Tecate." The other guy I had hired to do some work said, "I need to go to a meeting."

All three asked, "¿Qué demonios es la SEC?"
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: 15 minute Sober Up Time

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:57 am

/

Finding your own way around the censor, cute.

I'm surprised they didn't just ask, "¿Qué club de fútbol es eso?"
And, " ¡Pensé que todos los clubes de fútbol servían cerveza!"

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:28 am

Seems I recall where 15 minutes wasn’t enough time for an LSU Fan to sober-up after a Sugar Bowl game against ‘The Tide’....... he was drunk, passed-out and then ‘nut-sacked’ by some of the ‘Tide Faithful’. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:13 pm

College football is why flasks are still in vogue.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:37 am

Not sure why they feel the need to cut it off by the end of the 3rd quarter.

This is one of the biggest reasons I don't go to Pro games, even when given a ticket. Drunks. Lush folk.

I drink myself over dinner...mostly Jameson Irish Whisky....but too many people drinking make it an obnoxious atmosphere. Not sure how this will go over to be honest.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:27 am

It will run amok.

Many years ago I was in Chicago and got scammed on some tickets to the White Sox's. The taxi took ten miles to go on a one-mile trip and the seats ended up in Right Field. The beer vendor had long neck bottles and the caps were all of his tray hanging around his neck. He picked up three bottles in each hand, between his fingers and poured all six at the same time into cups. Between the sloshing of the open bottles and the pouring, I suspect one half hit the cup. That was before they got passed to the person that bought them. Only three of us that were there to see the ball game cared. Beer soaked, only on the outside, we left about the third ending and sat in some empty seats close to home plate. The locals just said, "See you from out of town, how was right field?" At least it was a memory. (That night some guy did fall from an upper deck and died.)

I digress...Spanky and Our Gang had a better organization than the NCAA.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:45 pm

I rarely drink at games. Usually one at a tail gate and one after at dinner. I don't like waiting in line at concessions for $9.00 beer. Sometimes at a Reds game I will pay it, but they have some different crafts that I like to try. I also don't care much for all the up and down in the rows when I'm trying to watch a game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:20 am

I fondly remember buying Zombies at the "drive by" parking lot concessions in the LSU parking lot back more than 35 years ago...everyone looked the other way.

Liquor, jambalaya, etouffee...it was all available...love how those LSU guys partied...we went back to Baton Rouge several times.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:42 pm

35 years ago, those memories are swell. But not so good when your kids tell you they did the same thing. "Thought you were raised better than that." And always said without a tinge of guilt...

As I now digress, one big difference when we were all young was car couldn't go 90 mph.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:00 pm

deleted...too personal
Last edited by billybud on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:25 pm

deleted...too personal (I forgot this wasn't a private conversation with a couple of friends).
Last edited by billybud on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:51 pm

Your dad sounds like an interesting guy.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:48 am

Thanks for sharing.

Return to “General Discussion”