A Setback to the Boys in Blue

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

A Setback to the Boys in Blue

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:59 pm

/

Michigan Projected Starting RB, Junior, Chris Evans Suspended for Entire 2019 Season Due to Academic Issue.

Evans' suspension came from the university, not the football program.

In March, Chris described the situation to Detroit Media, as: "an academic mistake. Not my grades. I'm on pace to graduate."

However, Evans is no longer on scholarship or even enrolled at Michigan.

Evans has been working as a delivery man for Ahmo's Gyros & Deli in Ann Arbor. He appealed his suspension, but that was apparently denied.

In Three Seasons, Chris Evans had accumulated 1,722 yards and 14 touchdowns on the ground, with 40 pass catches for 392 yards and two touchdowns with the Wolverines. Last season, Evans was Michigan's second-leading rusher with 423 yards behind Karan Higdon.

Higdon having declared for the 2019 NFL draft, left Evans as the project first place on the roster. Now he will have to sit & wait a year, as his eligibility to return to the university and the football team won't be until January 2020.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A Setback to the Boys in Blue

Postby Derek » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:25 am

Wow. Wonder what he did? Sounds like it was more than just failing a class or two. Plagarism? :? :?
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:06 pm

I suspect you're right.

I have tried to find more information on it, but I can't get an answer.

I do know that it leaves Michigan rather thin. With Evans not available, the Wolverines have lost 4 Running Backs from last season.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:33 am

Plagiarism is another bucket of worms. With Professional Grammarly, etc college papers have upwards to 70% plagiarism in them. There are "acceptable standards" of plagiarism, eg, Dissertations will allow up to 25%...I am not making this stuff up....check it out. (I have read articles where footnotes covered every written word...belts and suspenders and running scared.)

And just because I thought this was too good to not pass along, a friend was bemoaning the sad state of affairs in our lifetime and said, "We have gone from 'Fireside Chats to Tweet Attacks'."
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:43 am

Something similar happen at WVU recently........ don’t know the details but a couple of guys who played a bunch for the Mountaineers are gone, gone, gone and are in the transfer portal. :roll:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:33 pm

SeanMat wrote:
donovan wrote:"We have gone from 'Fireside Chats to Tweet Attacks'."

This sums it up really well. And it's going to get even worse.

Agreed ... It seems with the ever growing value of electronic/social media, so too goes the growth of animosity.

The feeling tends to be, that people are looking for something/someone to be mad at. And in today's environment, they do not wait to see if they even disagree with the truth of an occurrence. Rather; they prefer to react to the reaction of someone who identifies as the same social perspective, without checking the facts behind the aggressor's motivations before piling on.

By the way; welcome to the forum SeanMat.

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:54 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:
SeanMat wrote:

Agreed ... It seems with the ever growing value of electronic/social media, so too goes the growth of animosity.

The feeling tends to be, that people are looking for something/someone to be mad at. And in today's environment, they do not wait to see if they even disagree with the truth of an occurrence. Rather; they prefer to react to the reaction of someone who identifies as the same social perspective, without checking the facts behind the aggressor's motivations before piling on.

The view from the mountains here in Wild and Wonderful is that technology is great!!!!

Appears to this hillbilly that Medical Research and Technology have progressed to where our bodies are outliving our brains, and Social Media Technology is demonstrating just how far our brains were behind to begin with....... 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:52 pm

It is worth the discussion, but I would take the position technology is so far behind our brains it is almost the finite chasing the infinite...which if we want to get philosophical it is just that. HOWEVER...I also agree with you and find no contradiction.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:10 pm

I would also add that Billy Graham once said that "technology has advanced beyond mans own moral ability to control it"....but I can't find that quote now.

I don't think the social media stuff is not the problem. It's simply a tool.....I would even call it a mirror of how messed up our society has become. I can't blame the tool in this case, anymore than I can blame a gun for murder.

As far as sites, I really only use Facebook. I think Twitter is absurd.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Cane from the Bend wrote:
SeanMat wrote:

The view from the mountains here in Wild and Wonderful is that technology is great!!!!

Appears to this hillbilly that Medical Research and Technology have progressed to where our bodies are outliving our brains, and Social Media Technology is demonstrating just how far our brains were behind to begin with....... 8)

I know that my body out lived my brain years ago.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”