Yep, His Sentiments Are Like Most

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Yep, His Sentiments Are Like Most

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed May 22, 2019 2:02 am

/

YouTuber: The Amazing Lucas on ESPN needing Data to figure out viewers do not appreciate having Politics saturating their sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8TTW50ev9w

It does feel quite a bit contrived, to have espn say they did data research to find out if their viewers are interested in politics during broadcasts. I personally believe that they spent money on this research on order to project a guise that they care about viewers' opinions. ESPN has lost so much in ratings, that they have to pretend to respect the spectator, in order to get their viewership numbers up.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Yep, His Sentiments Are Like Most

Postby Spence » Wed May 22, 2019 11:03 am

That is why I quit listening to Keith Olbermann. He started taking himself too seriously.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed May 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Because sports are big money and many peoples lives are changed because of sports, it is easy to believe sports are important for reasons that transcend the homeless, people starving, etc. I am somewhat embarrassed that for many years I contributed to college athletic organizations. Money was truly misspent.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu May 23, 2019 7:56 am

Donovan....just for you...where it all happens down south...

https://bittersoutherner.com/waffle-house-vistas
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu May 23, 2019 8:05 am

And Donovan...since it is off season...a little piece from my neck of the woods...Tallahassee...Drag Queens in the Backyard- Playing Bingo...the Left Coast has nothing on us.

https://bittersoutherner.com/drag-queen ... ee-florida
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu May 23, 2019 7:54 pm

billybud wrote:And Donovan...since it is off season...a little piece from my neck of the woods...Tallahassee...Drag Queens in the Backyard- Playing Bingo...the Left Coast has nothing on us.

Do they hang out at the Waffle House?

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu May 23, 2019 10:15 pm

billybud wrote:Donovan....just for you...where it all happens down south...

https://bittersoutherner.com/waffle-house-vistas

I think it is a good thing we don't have Waffle Houses. We would screw them up like everything else happening on the shores of the one and only true ocean.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 pm

billybud wrote:And Donovan...since it is off season...a little piece from my neck of the woods...Tallahassee...Drag Queens in the Backyard- Playing Bingo...the Left Coast has nothing on us.

You have a long way to go to compete with downtown Portland, but you seemingly have a good start. I'm am getting exponentially old.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri May 24, 2019 12:06 am

donovan wrote:

You have a long way to go to compete with downtown Portland, but you seemingly have a good start. I'm am getting exponentially old.

I'd prefer to remember downtown Portland as I saw it last in 2011. You and I met for dinner and I had a blast for those 2 weeks there. Best weekend I ever spent on the road in this job at McMinville and Canon Beach.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri May 24, 2019 12:09 am

"Still, in places like Tallahassee, Florida, establishments that openly welcome the LGBTQ community remain hard to find."

Uh...This is not a bad thing. :| :|

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri May 24, 2019 2:06 am

The problem with Identity Politics, is that you lose your Identity to the Politics -- It becomes more about your Gender/Skin Color/Sexual Orientation, and you become a nameless face in a mob of shouting mouths, yelling someone else's words.

It is Diversity Politics, which really is nothing more than Divisiveness Politics. It is Anti-Unity, and undoes the whole of the Civil Rights movement, that stood for people being looked at for their Character, rather than their Physical Characteristics.

You lose the importance of the Strong Independent Individual to the Identity of a Special Interest Group, who really does not care about any of the Individuals within it. Who You Are loses out to What You Are, and the Importance of the True Self disappears in favor of Society's Description of How You Are Self Identified as being.

It is the Ultimate form of true Segregation.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri May 24, 2019 7:51 am

We have confused sameness with equality for many years. Sameness causes inequality.

You treat your children differently so you can love them the same.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri May 24, 2019 12:11 pm

Scholarly thoughts from both of you.

It's divisiveness that is tearing the country apart, and I would argue is 'intentional'.

You lose the importance of the Strong Independent Individual to the Identity of a Special Interest Group, who really does not care about any of the Individuals within it.

Very true. The folks are just used to advance an agenda, and discarded if needed.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri May 24, 2019 2:48 pm

donovan wrote:We have confused sameness with equality for many years. Sameness causes inequality.

You treat your children differently so you can love them the same.

Exactly.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat May 25, 2019 10:45 am

“The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few....” - Winston Churchill

“........they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

I am hopeful that the American people see through the current political strategy of those seeking to label others, who happen to disagree, as they strive to gain favor while employing identity politics.

One might ask, just why would ESPN even consider the mix of sports and politics??? Without knowing, my best guess would be that since political parties and campaigns are awash with dollars and ESPN is a for profit entity, both see a potential opportunity to gain...... but, there is a risk where both would lose.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”