Waffle House War...Ga. Vs Georgia Tech

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Waffle House War...Ga. Vs Georgia Tech

Postby billybud » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Now it is getting serious....the icon of the south is being fought over...

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/geo ... ffle-house
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Waffle House War...Ga. Vs Georgia Tech

Postby donovan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:43 am

This is serious. And somehow seems like a more noble conquest than an oaken bucket, milk can or old wooden wheel. One of the mixed blessings of living in the Northwest is, we have no Waffle Houses.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:27 pm

I like omelettes and eggs benedict better than waffles anyway.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:39 pm

Spence wrote:I like omelettes and eggs benedict better than waffles anyway.

I like waffles...but for the life of me, I like imitation Log Cabin Syrup better than real Maple Syrup

However...Egss Benedict with fresh caught King Salmon is beyond breakfast description.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Ugh!

Fish for breakfast...my New York friends brought their love of bagels, cream cheese and lox to Florida...but you can blame the northwest. Lox was not a quintessential jewish breakfast staple until trains ran refrigerated cars of the stuff from the northwest to New York.

Give me three eggs over medium, southern smoked sausage, two slices of bacon, grits, or skillet potatoes done crispy ....and raisin toast. Or a waffle if they know how to make it crisp and brown.

A cup of 100% (no blend) Kona or real Blue Mountain (unobtainable), and a mimosa...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Fish for breakfast? Early morning, fog is on the lake Cast Iron skillet sizzling hot and freshly caught rainbow trout is cooking. Sliced potatoes and all the other stuff....yeah..fish for breakfast....

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:11 pm

I actually like both breakfasts - sans the log cabin and the coffee. I have had smoke salmon benedict and it is great. I had lobster benedict at a little place in the north end of Boston, that was unbelievable. The place was a hole in the wall close in the north end. 1st time I ever gave over $100 for breakfast and I would do it again.

I like biscuits and gravy. Whole hog sausage, breakfast potatoes about any way they can be fixed. Lox and bagels are ok, but I would rather have the salmon without the bagel. I rarely eat bread anymore and if I do, I'm not wasting it on a bagel. I like Steak and eggs too. If they are fried eggs I want them over easy. If I do omelettes I want a variety of peppers in them and topped with salsa. If I can get a little bit of Carolina reaper mix in or as part of the salsa, then I'm good. There isn't much that I won't eat in the breakfast line, I'm just not much for pancakes or waffles. I like savory foods with a little kick.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:13 pm

We made lobster omelots in the Bahamas...we ate lobster morning, noon, and night...until I never wanted to see one again (I was spearing them from under reef ledges).

Finally screamed "Stop"...made the best burger that I ever had, on bimini bread.

But I will not have fish for breakfast...I'll dress a freshly speared snapper for lunch, however.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:23 pm

billybud wrote:We made lobster omelots in the Bahamas...we ate lobster morning, noon, and night...until I never wanted to see one again (I was spearing them from under reef ledges).

Finally screamed "Stop"...made the best burger that I ever had, on bimini bread.

But I will not have fish for breakfast...I'll dress a freshly speared snapper for lunch, however.

Even an early lunch? :lol: :lol:

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:53 am

In our years of cruising on our sailboats, I have had to clean too much fish, too early.

The smell of fish in the morning does not whet my appetite...the smell of good coffee, sizzling eggs in butter...now that's a horse of a different tune.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:36 am

billybud wrote:In our years of cruising on our sailboats, I have had to clean too much fish, too early.

The smell of fish in the morning does not whet my appetite...the smell of good coffee, sizzling eggs in butter...now that's a horse of a different tune.

I've never been a coffee guy, but I get that, when we lived on Anna Maria my dad would go fishing every Saturday and he always said that gave him his fill of cleaning fish.
I worked a poultry slaughter house when I was in high school, they mostly killed Turkey. Now every time I see Turkey, that smell of wet feathers and blood comes back and I can't bring myself to eat it. It has been over 40 years since I have eaten turkey, and I have no desire to try.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Waffle House is awesome! And I'm frankly appalled at the brazenness of GT's so called "Coach". 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:32 pm

donovan wrote:
Spence wrote:I like omelettes and eggs benedict better than waffles anyway.

I like waffles...but for the life of me, I like imitation Log Cabin Syrup better than real Maple Syrup

However...Egss Benedict with fresh caught King Salmon is beyond breakfast description.

Waffle House has the best Pecan Waffles there is, drowning in Syrup and butter.

And a side order of sausage. I can eat that breakfast lunch or dinner. I might go there for dinner tonight now that I'm talking about it.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:26 pm

:lol: :lol:

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:04 am

OK...just to try it...for you fishy folks.

I've got some crab and lobster in a tangy sauce....I''ll try it folded into a croissant with eggs this morning.

Right now, I'm relaxing with my cup of joe watching the news....

Return to “General Discussion”