Bar-B-Que Bowl

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bar-B-Que Bowl

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:31 am

billybud wrote:Seafood, in Florida waters, is pretty highly regulated. You must have the proper licenses, bring fish in that fit the slot (size) limits and catch season...and the wholesale seafood houses that buy from fishers must present trip tickets..species, number, total weight and date bought.

Gill nets and seine nets were legislated to be of a certain size in 1995. No more running 600 yard gill nets around schools of mullet. No more drift nets.

Where you can bulldoze 1,000 hectares of mangrove to farm shrimp in asia, in the US you can't trim the tree without a permit.

Restaurant and vseafood houses are randomly tested for correct species identification by taking dna samples.

Different regs than I am talking about. You are talking about state and local regs. I am talking federal and international regs. We go to the ends of the earth to track beef, then let China get away with pure crap when it comes to processing and handling seafood. But good for the sunshine state for trying to keep it honest.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”