USC goes down

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:35 pm

I've never been so glad to see somebody lose. i've thought they were overrated for a while, and the Oregon was being ignored by the press. I hope that the media will now get over their love affair with Troy.

Oregon State played a good game but they are the last team I would have expected to beat USC this year. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: USC goes down

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:51 pm

fluiddude wrote:But I think the real winner from this game was Boise St.

You are dead on with that one. It gives Boise State some indirect credibility. It should also improve their SOS in the computer polls.

SC on the other hand is a team that could lose three games win it is all said and done. Everyone knew they were going to lose at least once this year, but they coughed the ball up like 4 times today.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Re: USC goes down

Postby mountainman » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:42 am

fluiddude wrote:But I think the real winner from this game was Boise St.

Maybe so, but I have no idea why that would be the case.

I think the real loser from this game is Notre Dame.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:00 am

It gives Boise St. an indirect comparison with a highly ranked team, based on Boise State's beating of Oregon State earlier in the season.

I think you are right about Notre Dame, though, USC losing pretty much takes them out of the championship race.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:35 am

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:45 pm Post subject: Week 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...here is the predictions for the Pac 10 for this week.

USC 14, Oregon State 21

Will be the big upset.

OK..I got the score wrong.........and yes.. Bosie could well be helped....truth is..USC never looked that dominating in their games this year. Could loose two more...Cal for one.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:05 pm

Spence wrote:It gives Boise St. an indirect comparison with a highly ranked team, based on Boise State's beating of Oregon State earlier in the season.

I think you are right about Notre Dame, though, USC losing pretty much takes them out of the championship race.

The fact that Notre Dame was even in the NC race was a farce to me personally. After "getting by" GT and getting demolished by Michigan. The best they can hope for is an at large bid. And I dont think they deserve that due to their refusal to join a conference. :evil:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:50 pm

I agree, but certain teams get advantages in the polls over the others. Ohio State is one, Georgia is one too. Notre Dame is the granddaddy of special advantages, but we can't throw too many rocks because we live in the same glass house. Just not in the penthouse apartment :wink: .

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:01 pm

It won't matter if they get into the BCS anyway because they will get dominated by their opponent like last time. Look at last year; they beat nobody. Everybody made a gigantic deal out of them beating Pitt at the beginning of the year then a big deal out of them beating a 7-5 Michigan team. Notre Dame still has a ways to go to get near the top. However, in 3 or 4 more seasons, I'm afraid the hype will finally be real :cry:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:02 pm

Me neither, but if they lose to USC they shouldn't be in a BCS game. No way, shape, or form.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:06 pm

Yeah, still people make a big deal of them beating Georgia Tech and Penn State :roll:

#1: The game against GT was at the beginning of the year and GT blew that one. Whatever happens on week 1 doesn't answer anything at all.

#2: A lot of people think that spanking Penn State is a great accomplishment. They aren't even respectable this season.

Those are the only 2 "notches" in ND's belt. Other than Georgia Tech, they haven't beaten anybody.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:58 pm

You are right about that. ND draws well and travels well and that is the key elements in what bowls look for in a team.

Return to “General Discussion”