University of Oregon Being Sued

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: University of Oregon Being Sued

Postby billybud » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Mountainman wrote:Penguins are black and white. Old tevelision shows are black and white. Therefore, some Penguins are old TV shows. :?

HUH?

I guess the Dominican nuns that taught me were really penguins....And I thought they were storm troopers.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:10 pm

billybud wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Penguins are black and white. Old tevelision shows are black and white. Therefore, some Penguins are old TV shows. :?

HUH?

I guess the Dominican nuns that taught me were really penguins....And I thought they were storm troopers.

Logical fallacy. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Maybe I just didn't follow just what the logical fallacy was....

More often on a board is a phallacy.

A spurious statement about the size of one's penis....sometimes expressed indirectly.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 am

I so dislike cold weather.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:57 pm

donovan wrote:I so dislike cold weather.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Good Lord!!! Ha,ha,ha....... I read where they are taking suggestions for the design of the College Football Playoff Championship Trophy. A phallacy suggestion might make the grade, especially this day and time, but doubtful there would be many who would carrying on the Time Honored Tradition of kissing it after a victory. :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:30 am

billybud wrote:I remember when Devaughn Darling died at FSU during an off season work out...

Autopsy showed he had sickle cell trait syndrome which contributed to his death....

Parents sued the school for $2 million.

Then it got crazy...his twin brother Devard, also played on the team and was found to also have sickle cell....the FSU doctors now would not clear him to be member of the team.

"FSU had refused to medically clear Devard to play this fall. An autopsy conducted by the Leon County Medical Examiner's office did not find a conclusive cause for Devaughn Darling's death, but discovered he possessed a sickle-cell trait that has been linked in some studies to sudden-exercise death. Devard Darling, 19, possesses the same sickle-cell trait.

FSU Athletic Director Dave Hart said Devard could've stayed at FSU on scholarship but wouldn't have been allowed to play football.

The parents now were upset that their kid wouldn't be playing....

Long story short...the kid transferred to Washington State...played in the NFL.

Parents received $1.8 million settlement.

Never heard this. Wow. I find it amazing that the parents were upset/surprised that a school wouldn't let their son play after they sued the school.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:30 am

donovan wrote:I so dislike cold weather.

Comment of the history of this board. :D
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:16 am

Lawsuits and Insurance Premiums are a greater threat to the future of College Football than the eyesight of university presidents.

Return to “General Discussion”