Georgia - Texas

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Georgia - Texas

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:08 pm

Spence wrote:It does appear Texas doesn’t know how to handle sucess. Very poor sportsmanship.

Sportsmanship and Texas are a contradiction of terms...... welcome to what the rest of the Big XII members have to put up with. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:17 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:---

That hit by Davonte Davis was not Targeting. He led with his shoulder, and the Georgia receiver leaned in with his helmet. The head to head contact was due to the Georgia player, and the Texas player got ejected.

This Targeting rule needs to be rehashed, so that the penalty can be called on either Offensive players or Defensive players. It is an unbalanced rule that needs changing.

.........and get these guys a dictionary with the word ‘conjunction’ marked for them so they’ll understand what constitutes the foul. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:37 am

---

Derek doesn't really have to tell us how he feels ... I think you can get pretty much all of the UGA faithful perspective right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRCAxKPswE

:lol:

And this was just at the half ... "Twitter ain't Texas! Let's Go!!"

Derek, I feel your pain. Smart seemed very Richt like in this game. At last your boys made the final score look respectable, even if it didn't reflect how one sided the game was --- Miami looked embarrassing.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:---

Derek doesn't really have to tell us how he feels ... I think you can get pretty much all of the UGA faithful perspective right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRCAxKPswE

And this was just at the half ... "Twitter ain't Texas! Let's Go!!"

Derek, I feel your pain. Smart seemed very Richt like in this game. At last your boys made the final score look respectable, even if it didn't reflect how one sided the game was --- Miami looked embarrassing.

Ha,ha,ha,ha......... Proof Positive that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!! It’s time for Basketball for this guy, he’s had it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:41 pm

I was yelling like that during the game, so it's not too far off.

Here is something a former Ga player wrote about it. He last played in the gator bowl of 1989, but he is still involved in some ways. He's talking about the Ga game, but there is a lot of advice there that applies to today's player mentality.

https://www.worleyglobalenterprises.com/blog/2019/1/2/yugruywi00q0q9vr1rra4wxhhaogwd
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:27 pm

Derek wrote:I was yelling like that during the game, so it's not too far off.

Here is something a former Ga player wrote about it. He last played in the gator bowl of 1989, but he is still involved in some ways. He's talking about the Ga game, but there is a lot of advice there that applies to today's player mentality.

https://www.worleyglobalenterprises.com/blog/2019/1/2/yugruywi00q0q9vr1rra4wxhhaogwd

My two cents worth..... this guy, Tim Worley, is right, but I’ll take it further. I lay this right in the lap of Coach Smart, the consequence of his words and behavior after the Alabama game....... he made execuses for his piss-poor call and opened the door while granting permission and endorsement for his players to do the same thing.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:46 am

---

Here is an excellent video by a Georgia guy, that really sets rationality in the aftermath:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSjVo2ek7Rs

So much he says here, I have been saying myself over the last couple of days.

These are the type of people we fans need to subject ourselves to with regards toward our own teams.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing at those on this site. We all generally have the tendency to lay blame square on the players or coaches for what we see. One of the reasons I've enjoyed being a part of this board all these years, is because our homerism usually stops at reality.

Fan site & Message boards elsewhere, are almost always a hotbed of bias, slant & trash talk that gets personal. The old CFP site on Sparklit got that way. But here, it has become tempered and reasonable.

We get along, and, for the most part, criticize our own teams performance. I think there is more honesty here, than anywhere else I've been on the internet.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:13 am

At the end of the day, no matter what happens in the game, the team that loses is responsible for the loss. Even a bad call at the end of the game could have been over come if the losing team had not made it so close. It is hard to except that for fans, even reasonable fans, but it is a reality.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”