Penn State Kentucky

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Penn State Kentucky

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:34 pm

McSorley leads his team back into position to win the game and on 3rd and 6 his coach opts to throw the ball. Then kicks the field goal needing a touch down. Then lets Kentucky run 2+ minutes off the clock with 3 T/O's in his pocket. This one is on Franklin not his team. Franklin is not a good coach despite the hype he receives. He just lost this game for them. Amazing momentum killer.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Penn State Kentucky

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:42 pm

Unbelievably terrible game called by Franklin. I'm really glad Ohio State gets to play him every year. If it were not for their home field crowd advantage they couldn't beat a top 20 team with him as coach. Just terrible, terrible game management.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:31 pm

I honestly thought Kentucky didn't have a chance, but they hung on. I'm glad they are doing well. I've pulled for them, except when playing Ga obviously.

Pulled for Vandy too....though they didn't win. Those 2 are always the door mats for the East and I like seeing them do well for a change.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:35 pm

Derek wrote:I honestly thought Kentucky didn't have a chance, but they hung on. I'm glad they are doing well. I've pulled for them, except when playing Ga obviously.

Pulled for Vandy too....though they didn't win. Those 2 are always the door mats for the East and I like seeing them do well for a change.

Even with McSorely injured he was gashing Kentucky and had is team in the red zone at 3rd and 6. Instead of going with the run pass option he called a straight pass and it was incomplete. Franklin went for the field goal with less than five minutes and 3 t/o's left. Kentucky fielded the kick, Franklin kept his T/O's in his pocket until it didn't matter and KY ran out the clock. He was in the red zone with 6 yards for a first down and a chance at scoring and winning. He had momentum. If they don't get the first down or score they had time to get a stop and get the ball back in with good field position. I'm betting the KY coach thought he was getting a late Christmas present. Really bad management. Even if it had worked out for the Nits, it was the wrong play. Don't ask Franklin to solve a math problem for you. Especially I time and distance problem.

Return to “General Discussion”