UCF vs LSU

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

UCF vs LSU

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:53 pm

Anyone watching? I could care less but am watching. Would love to see LSU lose but come on refs. Call the game even. LSU wide receivers are being thrown around before ball arrives and no flags. LSU defenders breath on UCF receivers and flags come out.

On the pick 6 by UCF, the UCF defender literally threw the LSU wr out of the way before the ball arrived.

Then the same defender hit the QB out of bounds and they threw a flag. Then they picked it up and no penalty.

On the pick 6 a defender obliterated the LSU QB and no flag. It was the definition of targeting.

UCF may beat a mediocre LSU team with multiple players sitting out for NFSl draft. I would like to see them win without help from the refs.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: UCF vs LSU

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:05 pm

I've been watching this game and the Outback. Waiting to see how Iowa pulls defeat out of the jaws of victory. UCF is a real football team. Are they Alabama or Clemson? No, but they can play with most teams.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:10 pm

Another helmets to helmet missle against LSU QB and no flag.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:12 pm

Didn't they eject him? I'm a Joe Burrow fan. Hoping he finishes is college career strong.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:13 pm

I did not see the flag but they are ejecting the UCF player. Finally getting a call correct.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:15 pm

That was a no doubter. That was leading with the helmet. Not incidental contact as many of the ejections are - and I know it doesn't matter and what the rule is, I just don't agree with incidental contact being targeting.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:16 pm

I am definitely not rooting for the corn dogs...I mean LSU. I just want to see a fair game. In fact, I wish LSU could lose at everything they do from here until the end of time.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:17 pm

I agree.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Dossenator wrote:I am definitely not rooting for the corn dogs...I mean LSU. I just want to see a fair game. In fact, I wish LSU could lose at everything they do from here until the end of time.

I have just followed Joe Burrow since he was in high school. I lake his grit.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:19 pm

LSU is starting to dominate on both sides of the ball now. 6 min left in first half and UCF has 77 yards. LSU has scored on 3 straight possessions. This game could get ugly fast if UCaf can not find any offense.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:21 pm

Many players would not be in the game after the hit he took on the pick six (defenseless player/blindsided/helmet to helmet and no flag). His neck was bleeding on the sideline after that hit. And then the hit he took on the play that actually drew a flag. He is a tough kid for sure.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:22 pm

Dossenator wrote:LSU is starting to dominate on both sides of the ball now. 6 min left in first half and UCF has 77 yards. LSU has scored on 3 straight possessions. This game could get ugly fast if UCaf can not find any offense.

It is hard to match the depth of defensive teams like LSU a whole game for teams like UCF. They are very talented at the top of their depth chart, but they can't go even two deep at every position like LSU can .

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:30 pm

LSU player ejected. LSU down 9 starters.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:32 pm

If UCF can not score on this depleted LSU defense then their offense is not very good.

I honestly have not seen UCF play this year before this game.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Dossenator wrote:If UCF can not score on this depleted LSU defense then their offense is not very good.

I honestly have not seen UCF play this year before this game.

They don't have the depth to play four physical quarters. LSU is nothing if not physical.

Return to “General Discussion”