UCF vs LSU

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Re: UCF vs LSU

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:51 pm

That is how they have to get back in it. Sling it on every play. LSU is down their top 6 or 7 defensive backs at this point.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Not sure how smart it was to go man up on UCF leading that close to the half.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Seems to me to be some pretty rough football. I don't think UCF physically can stand up to it. Appears to me LSU is coached to lead with their helmets. I think UCF will weaken.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:28 pm

UCF can't go head to head physically with LSU. They need to play a different game. Try to pick apart the zone and get the ball down the field. They seem to want to prove they are tough. That isn't a winning strategy.

Just finished the Outback. I have to say that I'm not at all impressed with the play calling of the MSU coach. Kirk Ferentz out coached him that whole game and I'm not sure he even realized how bad he looked. It looked to be like he had more talent.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:37 pm

UCF can not go head to head with Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Miss State, or Auburn. Kentucky, Texas A&M, and Missouri would give them a run for their money.

UCF in a power 5 conference would have 3 or 4 losses.

They just lack depth.

Heck, LSU was down 9 starters (6 were defensive backs) and they currently have under 200 yards near end of the game. LSU has around 600 yards of offense.

This was a total beat down.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Dossenator wrote:UCF can not go head to head with Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Miss State, or Auburn. Kentucky, Texas A&M, and Missouri would give them a run for their money.

UCF in a power 5 conference would have 3 or 4 losses.

They just lack depth.

Heck, LSU was down 9 starters (6 were defensive backs) and they currently have under 200 yards near end of the game. LSU has around 600 yards of offense.

This was a total beat down.

You could argue that UCF in a power conference would get the depth needed to win.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:55 pm

I think UCF proved they could play with anybody. They beat Auburn last year. They were out classed physically in the game, but still came back to finish with a chance to get the win. Can they beat Alabama or Clemson? No they can't. Could the beat Oklahoma or Notre Dame? I think maybe they could.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:16 pm

Times change. 2007 Boise beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl under similar circumstances. But the strong are much stronger disproportionately all the others.

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:33 pm

UCF had their backup QB in this game too. I would have loved to see what Milton could have done. But with Mack their offense lost a step. Milton is a game-changer.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:01 am

I suspect the loss will penalize UCF at the start of next year making the climb more difficult. All UCF, Boise State fans chase windmills!!!!

Beaufort North Carolina

Even North Carolinians can chase windmills...

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:04 am

Eric wrote:UCF had their backup QB in this game too. I would have loved to see what Milton could have done. But with Mack their offense lost a step. Milton is a game-changer.

.......LSU was down 9, if I recall correctly, players, I suspect that would be considered a game changer too.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”