Rose Parade v Football

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Rose Parade v Football

Postby donovan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:35 pm

Mrs. donovan, "I would like to watch the Rose parade."

donovan, "Okay, I'll watch football on the other TV, albeit Black and White with a 13" screen.

Mrs. donovan, "Stop exaggerating, Besides, I want you to watch the parade with me."

donovan, "Sure are a lot of nice floats.....

And that, my friends, is how you make it to number 52.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rose Parade v Football

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:39 pm

I learned from the Rose Parade tv announcers that the rivalry game between Ohio State and Michigan was call "the game" and it goes all the way back to 1987. 1987, Hmm. Then I turned it to the Outback bowl.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:29 pm

donovan wrote:Mrs. donovan, "I would like to watch the Rose parade."

donovan, "Okay, I'll watch football on the other TV, albeit Black and White with a 13" screen.

Mrs. donovan, "Stop exaggerating, Besides, I want you to watch the parade with me."

donovan, "Sure are a lot of nice floats.....

And that, my friends, is how you make it to number 52.

:lol: :lol: Oh the agony of watching the Rose Parade. I couldn't even do it when Ga played it last year. It's just boring IMO.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:23 pm

........I guess it’s one of those ‘to each his own’ type of things, but watching flower floats or a big glass ball slide down a pole just aren’t my types of things. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:15 pm

Mountainman wrote:........I guess it’s one of those ‘to each his own’ type of things, but watching flower floats or a big glass ball slide down a pole just aren’t my types of things. 8)

It depend. If you can view it from a nearby Taproom it can be good. :wink:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:30 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:........I guess it’s one of those ‘to each his own’ type of things, but watching flower floats or a big glass ball slide down a pole just aren’t my types of things. 8)

It depend. If you can view it from a nearby Taproom it can be good. :wink:

.......hmmmmm, there’s a thought, I know exactly where one is, and it’s got a bar, a stage and a pole on the stage, but it sure ain’t no big glass ball slidin and spinnin’ on that pole. :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:36 pm

:lol: I actually liked the parade when I got to see it. Not sure I would do it again.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:55 pm

I like a parade when you are there on the street...the sounds, the pageantry, the squeals of children.

A parade on TV is like watching somone fish on TV.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:59 pm

billybud wrote:I like a parade when you are there on the street...the sounds, the pageantry, the squeals of children.

A parade on TV is like watching somone fish on TV.

Agree

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:16 pm

I’ll meet you guys at the stadium...... 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:14 pm

Mountainman wrote:I’ll meet you guys at the stadium...... 8)

Or the Tap Room.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:15 pm

I vote with all of the above. When the kids were small we always went to the Festival of Roses parade which is, indeed, first class. Up early to get good seating...but it was about the kids and their laughter...memories, in for making new ones now.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:32 pm

I liked the whole atmosphere when I was there. Would I do it again? Probably. Would I do it regularly? No, probably not. I saw my niece at the Macy's when she was there with the WVU marching band. The Rose has it all over the Macy's.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Spence wrote:I liked the whole atmosphere when I was there. Would I do it again? Probably. Would I do it regularly? No, probably not. I saw my niece at the Macy's when she was there with the WVU marching band. The Rose has it all over the Macy's.

She probably marched in Orlando last week too, I saw a video of The Pride....... they put on a much better show than the Football Team did, and I’ll bet the Band Director came back to Morgantown with them..... unlike the Football Coach. :?

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:00 am

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:I liked the whole atmosphere when I was there. Would I do it again? Probably. Would I do it regularly? No, probably not. I saw my niece at the Macy's when she was there with the WVU marching band. The Rose has it all over the Macy's.

She probably marched in Orlando last week too, I saw a video of The Pride....... they put on a much better show than the Football Team did, and I’ll bet the Band Director came back to Morgantown with them..... unlike the Football Coach. :?

She did go to Orlando last week. I saw some pictures, but didn’t make that trip. Not to many picture at the game. Plenty of everything else.

Return to “General Discussion”