Rose Parade v Football

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Rose Parade v Football

Postby billybud » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:51 am

The last major parade I went to was at Mardi Gras....one of those check off a bucket list things.

Insanely weird, fun once we got into the whole thing....but not something I'd do again. Drunks are not entertaining.

Here in North Carolina, we go to the tractor parade, the apple festival parade, and the Christmas parade.

In Tallahassee, we like the annual spring festival parade....20 marching bands, floats, many horse groups, etc....When my son was a boy, the Vietnam Vets walked as a group. Shaggy long hair, bedraggled clothes with a vest or cammies here and there. My son asked "Are they homelesss people?"
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rose Parade v Football

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:19 pm

billybud wrote:The last major parade I went to was at Mardi Gras....one of those check off a bucket list things.

Insanely weird, fun once we got into the whole thing....but not something I'd do again. Drunks are not entertaining.

Here in North Carolina, we go to the tractor parade, the apple festival parade, and the Christmas parade.

In Tallahassee, we like the annual spring festival parade....20 marching bands, floats, many horse groups, etc....When my son was a boy, the Vietnam Vets walked as a group. Shaggy long hair, bedraggled clothes with a vest or cammies here and there. My son asked "Are they homelesss people?"

I've been to Mardi Gras and I agree not something I would do again. New Orleans as a whole is a cool place to visit for the food experiences, but Bourbon Street is just a hole IMO. I can walk the back streets of Columbus if I want to visit a bunch of strung out drug addicts looking for enough money to get their next fix. Very different from the experience I had 38years ago in college. It is a shame, but that is the world we live in now.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”