Northwestern v Utah

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Northwestern v Utah

Postby donovan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:55 pm

I thought Utah was going to win, at halftime, I thought that. Then the Utes in the 2nd half looked like a team that was a rudderless ship. Northwestern made adjustments and the rest is on the scoreboard.

I think Wittingham is a good coach but his time may be over. It is obvious they have to start recruiting because they players on the field today were not going to make Utah competitive. Kyle Whittingham went into the game with an 11-1 bowl record.

Northwestern outcoached Utah. Dismal 2nd half.

Northwestern was as sharp as Utah was dull. The defensive line of Utah were like deer in headlights. They became roadkill.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Northwestern v Utah

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:07 am

---

Just an Amazing turn around. That was why you don't play defeated just because you're down.

Northwestern made all of the appropriate adjustments at the Half Break, and Utah simply didn't have an answer for any of it.

Crazy thing, with the 1 point lead in the A&M vs NC State game, it was looking like that one would be more of a contest. Then Northwestern came to life, and A&M realized NC State was going to play hard. The Wild Cats & Aggies both took off on a Scoring Binge.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Northwestern v Utah

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:14 am

donovan wrote:I thought Utah was going to win, at halftime, I thought that. Then the Utes in the 2nd half looked like a team that was a rudderless ship. Northwestern made adjustments and the rest is on the scoreboard.

I think Wittingham is a good coach but his time may be over. It is obvious they have to start recruiting because they players on the field today were not going to make Utah competitive. Kyle Whittingham went into the game with an 11-1 bowl record.

Northwestern outcoached Utah. Dismal 2nd half.

Northwestern was as sharp as Utah was dull. The defensive line of Utah were like deer in headlights. They became roadkill.

I thought Northwestern would win before the game. After it started I just thought that Utah was the better team. I didn't see the second half, but I don't know how Northwestern ended up on top. They just look so overmatched in the first half. Northwestern is one of those teams who will never quit on a game. It isn't who they are as a team. I guess if you keep on plugging and have a decent defense, you always have a chance.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”