Oregon v Michigan State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Oregon v Michigan State

Postby donovan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:33 pm

A win is a win. Fraught with more mistakes than my third-grade arithmetic test, Oregon won. 7-6. Oregon crossed the 50 only three times and did nothing offensively until Hebert threw for a touchdown in the 4th quarter. Michigan State kicked two field goals and that was it. It was a game that was fun to watch because you wondered how did either get there. Cristobal gets the win and Oregon won their first bowl since beating Florida State a few years back.

As for Cristobal staying at Oregon, he told the team Sunday night he was not seeking the Miami job. Funny how 10 million dollars makes decision making simple. If you ever visit the Oregon facilities think you could work there for 2.5 million a year. He also now gets a new contract after one year. America is a great country.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Oregon v Michigan State

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:40 pm

---

Was a fun game to watch, indeed.

Actually, all of today's games were worth the view, if you had the opportunity to catch them.

If I were FOX and CBS I would be in the office on Jan 2cnd, drawing up some proposals for Bowl Game options on my network --- They had great games with competitive teams, who wanted to be there, on live channel. With espn buying the heavy load of revenue payout set as the playoff share, this afternoon's games were excellent promotionals to show some conferences what you may be able to offer them, without isolating your broadcasts to paid TV services.

---

Donovan, you're right.

This game was a montage of what transpired between the Spartans & Ducks of how their regular seasons outcome brought them to this field to face each other.

Unimaginative, lackluster, but competitive on both sidelines with a desire to win.

---

I guess it was easy for Cristobal to tell his team Sunday Night that he was not going to take the Miami job, since Miami had already agreed to Diaz's contract buyout by midday. Unlike last time, Cristobal wasn't the guy. He was the backup plan, whereas Diaz was the priority.

Though, for his guys, and the Oregon fan base, it's something nice to say. And they would likely angrily accuse me of being a blatherskite.

That's alright, though ... it wouldn't be the first time I was told how wrong my accurate information is.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:19 pm

Dantonio is a defense ball control coach. He is the opposite of Lincoln Riley. Either style taken to it's extreme looks terrible. Michigan State has a good defense, but absolutely no thought of an offense.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:36 pm

---

So true ...

Dantonio is another guy who could use an Offensive Coordinator with a fresh take on today's game, that would shake things up.

However, he is also another guy who is stuck stubbornly onto his system.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:37 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:---

So true ...

Dantonio is another guy who could use an Offensive Coordinator with a fresh take on today's game, that would shake things up.

However, he is also another guy who is stuck stubbornly onto his system.

But he is a great defensive guy. I agree though, an offensive coordinator and one who has carte blanche to call that side of the ball. Dantonio is too much of a Tressel guy. Ball control to the end. If you score two td's on him you win. Tonight it only took one.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”