Let’s See How Michigan Does......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Let’s See How Michigan Does......

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:04 am

The big problem I see is that they are predictable. They remind me of John Cooper’s teams. With teams that are unfamiliar with them and teams with lesser talent they win. With teams that are more even with them, they can’t impose their will and have to rely on play calling and good defensive coverages.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:11 am

They're absolutely predictable. I know what's coming every first and 10. It's brutal. I mean I can keep banging my head against the wall imagining what our team would be able to do with an offensive coordinator, but it's useless because Harabugh will never change. And he's never going to learn his lesson. I don't know how a grown man can keep failing and not do any self-reflection. I'm sure it's ego, but at some point it seems like losing in humiliating fashion would wear on your ego more than admitting you were wrong.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:24 am

Harbaugh seems inflexible and maybe stuck 20 years in the past.

He does like methodical, body blow football. Tries to punch it down the field a couple of yards at a time.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:42 pm

He does like the old style football. I can’t fault him for that, so do I. You can still play the kind of game- Saban does. You just have to not use different formations for different plays. You have to run lots of plays out of the same four or five formations and not fall in love with any one play.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:38 pm

Teams that seem to win consistently have fresh legs in the game all game. On TV you don't really know who is in our out, especially in the "unskilled" (why would anyone want to marginalize the people that win the game?") positions. At the game, you see the changes but can't keep up with the numbers. I think when teams like Clemson and Alabama lose 'star' players they may sound the trump of woe, but they have 5 in line ready.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:44 pm

Yes, but lots of teams play 2 and three deep in games. Ohio state has always done that too. The quality of the second and third spot is the issue.

Return to “General Discussion”