Wonder how things are going at......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Wonder how things are going at......

Postby Mountainman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:54 pm

.......Donovan’s house with all those explicitives, shattered 14 inch black & white TV, crushed beer cans thrown at the walls, to go along with allegations that the guys running the SERVEPRO First Responder Bowl were born to unmarried parents. :shock:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Wonder how things are going at......

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:16 pm

---

According to Donovan, nobody outside of Idaho even cares ...

I wonder how many Conspiracy Websites covering Chem Trails and Weather Modification recorded hits from Boise resident Internet searches that have occurred over the last couple of hours.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:19 pm

If I flew into Dallas and spent the money for the package to get there and they cancelled the game I think I would be upset. Why not do it tomorrow. Move it to one of the area schools or the Jerry Dome if the Cotton bowl is unavailable? There are lots of venues that are near the area. Just another example of how irrelevant that the exhibition bowls are viewed now.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:54 pm

Unbelievable. Although I think the explanations simple and conspiratorial. The game was delayed and that was too much change for Television and moving it to tomorrow would also not fit in on the schedule. And someone find out if there are insurance policies that are in effect.

This is how lame the cancellation is. We live in a wimp country. How does this cancellation stack up against Hawaii's planned second postseason game of 1941, against San Jose State, being canceled because of the attack on Pearl Harbor?

According to Dallas criteria, every football game would be canceled in Idaho. (Predicted severe weather.)
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:00 pm

Weather Forecast for Dallas tomorrow...... 65 degrees, partly cloudy skies.

I’d be one disappointed and pissed-off hillbilly over a stunt like that..... round-trip airfare from Boise or Boston, hotels, tickets, entertainment, food, transportation, etc, etc. AND having to wait NINE FREAKIN MONTHS to see my team play again. :evil:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:38 am

First Responder Bowl
@FRBowl
· 11h
The @FRBowl has been canceled.

Red Lee
@BDJargon
I feel like a First Responder bowl would have a better response plan.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:43 am

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:08 am

humph...BC goes up 7 and game is cancelled...let me channel some conspiracy theory here.

The only bowl ever cancelled except for Hawaii's post season game against San Jose State after Pearl Harbor.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:32 am

billybud wrote:humph...BC goes up 7 and game is canceled...let me channel some conspiracy theory here.

The only bowl ever canceled except for Hawaii's postseason game against San Jose State after Pearl Harbor.

Now, you are finally getting it. The other theory is it was like when the Ambercombie children were playing ball with the ragamuffins of the town and the town and scored first. All of the sudden Travis Ambercombies said," Our mother is calling us, took their ball and left, proclaiming victory."

I have more, It was in fact, the NCAA. After all 8000 of the 10000 in attendance were from Boise. Get a quick Eastern win and punish Boise for being a thorn in the side of the Principal.

And...in Fact..." The delay isn’t up to the bowl game. That eight-mile, 30-minute policy is the NCAA’s." It was global warming.

AND THE ANSWER IS...IT WAS THE SPONSOR WHO MAKES OUT LIKE AN ADVERTISING BANDIT.

"The funniest thing is that this is SERVPRO’s slogan:

"Like it never even happened."

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 am

donovan wrote:First Responder Bowl
@FRBowl
· 11h
The @FRBowl has been canceled.

Red Lee
@BDJargon
I feel like a First Responder bowl would have a better response plan.

:lol: :lol: Exactly.

TV can't do it so cancel it. Kind of goes to show you exactly who these games are played for and why.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:12 am

The instant ratings did it...

Maybe Nielsen's "instant pulse" ratings indicated that Boston and Boise were the killer "B's" of the bowl season.

The cancellation was the equivalent of pulling the plug on a a brain dead husk of a human.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:29 am

billybud wrote:The instant ratings did it...

Maybe Nielsen's "instant pulse" ratings indicated that Boston and Boise were the killer "B's" of the bowl season.

The cancellation was the equivalent of pulling the plug on a a brain dead husk of a human.

At last, the truth. ESPN noted 27 people were watching the game and they pulled the plug.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:11 pm

donovan wrote:
billybud wrote:The instant ratings did it...

At last, the truth. ESPN noted 27 people were watching the game and they pulled the plug.

There were still plenty of people that bought ticket packages to the game and I'm betting the bowl committee at the Cotton Bowl weren't standing in line to give refunds on the game, let alone the trips. The schools will get paid. The bowl officials will get paid. The fans get squat. That is wrong.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:34 pm

---

Boston College announced last night, that anyone who purchased tickets from the Boston area Ticket Box [in person/over the phone/by internet], they would receiver a refund, and will also receive free tickets to the Athletic Event of their choice over the next year [any sport].

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:54 pm

---

You wanna talk about conspiracies ...

I was doing rather well in my Bowl Predictions up until yesterday. Then, it has all started to fall apart. Ga Tech lost, Cal lost, and now Temple is getting ran by Duke.

I blame Boise. It was all going well until they went and forfeit their game, causing a disruption in the ebbing flow of things.

Cane... [__]

Return to “General Discussion”