Vegas Opens With Alabama and Clemson......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Vegas Opens With Alabama and Clemson......

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:45 pm

....... as favorites, 14+ over the Sooners and 11+ over the Irish.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Vegas Opens With Alabama and Clemson......

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:47 pm

I will take Clemson to cover all day every day. At least Notre Dame has to play in the expanded ACC playoff.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:10 pm

Spence wrote:I will take Clemson to cover all day every day. At least Notre Dame has to play in the expanded ACC playoff.

Good one..... hadn’t thought of that. :lol:

I’ll say this, if Alabama can beat the ‘unconventional offense’ at Oklahoma and beat the absolutely great defensive front at Clemson, they’ll have earned it........ guess that kinda shows I don’t have much hope of the Irish beating any of the three, but hell, who knows??? Dabo just might decide to run a punt fake from the fifty in a tie game with three minutes left in the game. :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:13 pm

I think Alabama Oklahoma comes down to whether Bama’s defensive backs can man up with Oklahoma and still hold Murray in the pocket. If he gets loose on them, they will struggle. I’m not sure their defensive line can consistently put pressure on him. If they can, Oklahoma will get embarrassed.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:44 pm

Spence wrote:I think Alabama Oklahoma comes down to whether Bama’s defensive backs can man up with Oklahoma and still hold Murray in the pocket. If he gets loose on them, they will struggle. I’m not sure their defensive line can consistently put pressure on him. If they can, Oklahoma will get embarrassed.

Agreed, containing Murray is key if they play man, he’s both quick and fast, and Okie will just run the DB’s downfield, clear an area and cut Murray loose. I’ll check tomorrow and see what’s up with that Brown kid #5, receiver. He went out of the Texas game and didn’t return with a bad foot..... that kid is a burner too.

UPDATE: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... bama-game/

As, said in an earlier post, I’ve yet to see a team that can play ‘conventional’ offense against the Tide and win. I think it’s going to have to be an offense, like the Sooners, that spreads and stretches the field, with a QB that has to be accounted for in the run game, has big play potential every snap and can execute that offense up-tempo.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Opening with Alabama and Clemson is what will always happen. Early money goes in to get large bets at better odds. As betting continues the spread gets smaller and not as much risk or reward...so I have been told. I know nothing.

Month layoff changes everything.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm

You have it right.

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 pm

I would take Oklahoma and Clemson with those numbers. I'm convinced Clemson will win easily enough. I'm not sure Oklahoma wins but I think it will be decided late. Oklahoma can score on Alabama.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:05 pm

They will score. The question will be how often they will score.

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:35 am

I said it before, I liked Bama 63-42. But I actually liked how Oklahoma played on defense in the Big 12 championship. Maybe they keep the Tide around 50. So, 50-42 :lol:

I think Kyler will be effective against Bama. He has it in him to play an amazing game.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:49 am

donovan wrote:Opening with Alabama and Clemson is what will always happen. Early money goes in to get large bets at better odds. As betting continues the spread gets smaller and not as much risk or reward...so I have been told. I know nothing.

Month layoff changes everything.

Now I could be wrong, but it sounds like you know EXACTLY what you are talking about. :lol: 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”