Haskins

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Haskins

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:05 am

4580 yards. 47 TD’s. He has played in front of a less than stellar offensive line who struggle to not only pass block, but also to run block. Played with a defense that has put him in bad field position a lot this year. Still this kid just makes things happen. I don’t know if he is the best player at his position in cfb or not, but if you give me the choice between him and Tua or Murray, I’ll take him every time. He is without a doubt the best QB to ever put on a Buckeye uniform in my lifetime and I’m pushing 6 decades. He won’t win the Heisman, but he will make more money in football than either one of the other two that they are going to vote a head of him. I wish that he will decide to come back, but if I’m giving him advice I would tell him to jump. He is going to be really good. He is really raw and he is this good.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Haskins

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:46 am

Yep, he’s a dandy, definitely suited for the pro game. Surely he’ll test the NFL waters and see where he stands to go in the draft and then decide....... remember what Ole Mountainman said about him being the difference maker BEFORE the game with ‘that school up north’. :wink:

On another point, Urban Meyer, IMHO, should be “Coach of the Year” in College Football. For him to hold that team and program together after that media circus, being suspended, losing an impact player like Bosa, a player everybody had to game plan around, the Purdue loss, while continuing to develop that team was simply an outstanding job done by a Head Coach.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:12 am

He won’t be coach of the year in the Big 10. I think he has had too many issues this year to be considered.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:19 am

Spence wrote:He won’t be coach of the year in the Big 10. I think he has had too many issues this year to be considered.

I don’t know who votes on it, but if a bunch of coaches and ADs do I’d think he’s a lock, especially since they would know from experience just how difficult it is without all the stuff he went through....... but alas, I understand that in today’s world it’s all about image and perception while performance is way down at the bottom of the list. :oops:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:14 pm

I think he should leave. Not because I'm a Michigan fan :lol: Buckeyes have Tate Martell in the wings anyway.

QB class is weak next year. It's the right spot. I think the only QB that would be considered ahead of Haskins right now is Herbert, and I'd project Haskins to be a much better pro than Herbert. Herbert is just a guy in my opinion. And pray for the team that thinks they can build their franchise around Drew Lock or Ryan Finley.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:40 pm

I think he should go too. I think if he is protected in the top half of the first round he would be crazy not to jump. I hate to see him go because I think he is the best qb Ohio State has ever had. The upside to him is that he is still raw. He will get better. I think Haskins is the best QB in the country right now. Nothing against Tua or Murray, but I don’t think either are in his league. Actually, truth be told, I think Grier from West Virginia is closer to Haskins than those two. I mean pro prospect, not necessarily saying either are the best fit as college QB’s.

Return to “General Discussion”