Arizona -v- Arizona State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Arizona -v- Arizona State

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:38 pm

--

Arizona lead the entire game, up until they fumbled the ball, trying to run out the clock with just over 3 minutes to go. Arizona St recovers the fumble, and in one play, score a touchdown.

Arizona State attempts the 2 point conversion, fails. They lead, 41-40. Arizona moves the ball down field, although somewhat erratically, but stalls out with just over a minute and a half to go.

Arizona runs the ball for about 7 yards, not getting the first down. On 4th & 3, they allow the clock to run, setting up for the field goal.

It's a 40+ yard attempt --- snap is good, kick is clean, bounces off the right post. Missed --- Arizona State wins.

Arizona had a 20 point lead during this game. They, for some reason, tried going for two points on multiple conversions throughout the game. If they even kick just two of those as extra point, they win the game by 1.

In the end, coaching lost this game. And because of it, Arizona is now 5-7, not bowl eligible.

And furthermore, I had Arizona in this game. I'm having a tough Pick day.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”