Ohio State -TTUN

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Ohio State -TTUN

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:13 am

I watched this game just as a guy watching a game. Trite as it is to say, Ohio State came to play and Michigan looked bewildered most of the game. Do not understand Michigan's play calling. If you call the same play enough times maybe it will work?
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:58 am

It didn’t hurt Ohio State’s motivation that Michigan’s team came into the ‘Shoe wearing “revenge tour” t shirts. It surprised me that Harbaugh let that happen.

I’m in my hotel room watching Boise St Utah St. it is half time and Boise St is in a dog fight so far.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:59 am

Insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Urban Meyer can flat out coach. Harbaugh can coach, just not against Ohio State. Win/loss records don't matter, predictions don't matter, history doesn't matter. It is that day, that one day. Michigan wasn't ready. Ohio State was.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:01 am

I thought Michigan would win by 20+. I never saw any of this coming.

collegefbfan-8898
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby collegefbfan-8898 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:10 am

I understand a lot of the thinking processes from folks. However, I can't see Michigan ever winning by 20 or even close to that with a very motivated Buckeyes team, especially one coached by Meyer.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:15 am

I hadn’t seen the team that played tonight play all year. Michigan is a good football team. I have always believed that football is about matchups and I thought this one favored the boys in blue.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:17 am

--

UNLV vs Nevada, came down to the end. Nevada had a 21 point lead. UNLV came all the way back to win in the second half.

BYU vs Utah, came down to the wire. BYU led the game 20-0 at the half. Traded touchdowns, and led 27-7 most of the 2cnd half. Utah, in just a few minutes, exploded, scoring 28 points, to win 35-27.

That A&M vs LSU game was insanity. 7 Overtimes, and I almost passed on watching it.

There have been some crazy showings today.

Hawaii vs San Diego State is going right now, with 2 minutes left, and the game is tied @ 24.

Boise seems to have taken control of the game against Utah St.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:34 am

Boise State did all they could to let Utah State back. A scrappy game until the end, BSU wins.

My expectations for the Ohio State - Michigan game were so low, I so believed Spence. Michigan was not motivated or something. Ohio State did so very little wrong. Game of the week for dour coaches.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Ohio State’s defense played good yesterday I just wonder if it is because Michigan’s offense is so pedestrian.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:03 pm

Donovan, I think that Boise State has what I consider to be an elite program. The last 20 years or so they have replaced several coaches and the program moves forward. They may not have their choice of “5 star” guys, but they recruit good players and they always have a quality team. In some ways they are more “elite” than the guys who get the five star guys because they have to evaluate talent a lot better and do it with less money. I have been very impressed by how that program has operated since I started coming to this board many years ago. There aren’t many programs who have been good for as long as Boise State has been.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Spence wrote:Donovan, I think that Boise State has what I consider to be an elite program. The last 20 years or so they have replaced several coaches and the program moves forward. They may not have their choice of “5 star” guys, but they recruit good players and they always have a quality team. In some ways, they are more “elite” than the guys who get the five-star guys because they have to evaluate talent a lot better and do it with less money. I have been very impressed by how that program has operated since I started coming to this board many years ago. There aren’t many programs who have been good for as long as Boise State has been.

Kind words, I thank you. Many years ago Pokey Allen was the coach at Boise State. He had been at Portland State following Mouse Davis who developed and refined the "run and shoot" offense. Allen developed cancer and his recruiting was limited. Al Borges, then offensive coordinator, came to our home and recruited one of our sons. This was circa 1995. He played for Boise for 5 years. Allen died, during our son's redshirt year, from cancer and Houston Nutt took over. It was with Allen's leadership the foundation for Boise's program took hold. Harsin, the current coach played with our son and they still keep in contact..texting, whatever it is people do nowadays. Over the past 25 years have spent significant time in Boise, not so much anymore, times change and we all move on.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:47 pm

The level they remain at in that program is impressive. They get players year after year and they win most of their games. That doesn’t happen at most places. It is probably real cool for your son to see his school lead by someone he played with, someone who knows the traditions. That is what they do at Ohio State. Every coach who has coached at Ohio State except one- John Cooper- was a coach in Woody Hayes’ tree. They all knew the foundation. They all know the expectations and traditions. That is what makes programs. —-Well, that and money.

Return to “General Discussion”