Hey Rich, Who Won The Rose Bowl

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

Who Won the National Championship?

Texas Longhorns
40%
Not USC
60%

Total votes: 5

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Hey Rich, Who Won The Rose Bowl

Postby Yeofoot » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:36 pm

I didn't catch the score, who won?

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:54 pm

perhaps we should ask matt leinart ! oh, that's right . he already told us that USC has the better team . at least pete carroll was gracious in defeat.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:57 pm

Hahahahahahahahahha...

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:33 pm

Rich will be alright in a couple of weeks. He is still licking his wounds. In the end he knows that Texas won the game straight up and he will admit it. It takes a while, Cane and I did this same thing after the Ohio State-Miami championship game. :wink:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:25 pm

be nice :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:58 am

hehehe, I bet that 03 Fiesta Bowl still has to be discussed diplomatically with you two. I stayed late at work to talk all that smack, I don't know if I've ever stayed late before, I was just having too much fun.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:52 pm

Yeah, Rich, I'm going to bet on a team that will have 3 freshman competing for the starting quarterback job. I'll go get my bookie on the phone right now. LOL. I'm glad you've moved to the next phase of grief, anger. You're that much closer to acceptance. Texas has been on the verge for the past few years, getting closer to that trophy. This wasn't a flash in the pan. Texas is back, they have a lot more credibility when they recruit players and tell them they are going to have a shot at the national title. Since Mack Brown has arrived, that is the main goal that is talked about, they kept getting these great classes, and weren't doing anything with it. Chris Simms was twice the prototypical QB as VY, but he wasn't a champion, he didn't get it done in the clutch. All year, SC and ESPN has been talking like USC was one of the greatest of all time. Texas won it, and right away, you want to start talking like we're going to be as bad next year as everyone was saying we were this year. I've been saying for a long time that Vince was going to win it for us, and no one believed me, now I don't expect those same Haters to all of a sudden think Texas is good, that's fine. Looks like being the underdogs for Texas worked out for us this year. Unlike USC, all you'll ever be able to do is speculate how good they are until the bowl game. Texas has cajones and everyone will find out when they play OSU. And if you took the blinders off your Trojan's Horse, and looked at college football as a whole, the only recent NC that compares to Texas' accomplishment is Ohio State:

Both Teams:

Were #2 going into the NC game

Played a team riding a 34 game win streak

Have some Titles, but not in a while

Both have had NC caliber teams, but over the years, kept losing to their nemesis

Both are the flagship school for a state that has one the top 5 high school players in the country EVERY year

Both teams have 10 win seasons as a norm under their current coaches.

Yeah, you're wrong about them being out of contention. And what planet are you living on? LSU, a one-hit-wonder, they continue to be great, they were better than USC, they just had some serious adversity to begin the season. But of course, you watch the USC games, then watch College Gameday afterwards, which was pretty much, the Trojan Fan Club Net, which totally explains your lack of informed opinions on here. Fight On! Even when the games over! Fight On! Tell the media you think you're still the better team! Fight On! Maybe they'll vote you #1 even though you didn't win the National Championship Game, it worked with the '03 season! Fight On! Get on an obscure college chatboard and try to convince some random longhorn fan that your team is better than his National Championship Team! Fight On! When that doesn't work, convince him that your team is better because you didn't lose any regular season games following the ONLY year you won the Championship game! Fight On! When that doesn't work, convince everyone that the fact that you had more yards MEANS something! Fight On! On Second Thought....

Hook 'Em Horns!

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:29 pm

aww, Rich, you're entering the acceptance phase, and I won't have to continue just being ridiculous by saying things like OU should've won last year, oh, trust me, even LubbockHasNoTrees wasn't going to back me on that one. Pretty much 90% of what I've been saying since we started trading blows has been crap, crap I put just to mess with you. We both know that was one hell of a game. If SC had thrown a bomb and won the game at the last second, I'd have a ton of what if's I could throw at ya too. You can't keep making "the officials beat SC not Texas comments" and expect me not to make ludicrous comments like "LSU is better than USC this year" or "I watched that game, the SC D-Line was in the neutral zone every play", you saying a national title game was decided by the officials when my Longhorns finally won, sounds just as ridiculous to me.

Return to “General Discussion”