Holgorsen Mentioned as Possible.....

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Holgorsen Mentioned as Possible.....

Postby Mountainman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:19 am

Spence wrote:I don't know, but I have seen UCF play a couple times and they would probably beat Ohio State. I think it would be close though. Maybe UCF by 4 if it was their field or a neutral field. Probably a push if it was in the 'Shoe.

Well, that would be the eyeball test, wonder how they stack up when it comes to the SOS ‘Strength of Schedule’ and the SOR ‘Strength of Record’ as compared to the Buckeyes...... :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:20 pm

They would be way behind in SOS, but as we know SOS tells you how good your opponents, but it can't tell you if a team with a lesser SOS is really good or not. Only that their opponents aren't very good and they beat them. At the end of the day, the only way to find out who would win a game between two teams is for them to play. Even then you may not get the same result in a best of 3 series. Which is why a tournament of champions makes sense or just go back to bowls and don't declare a champion. They do anyway.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:05 pm

---

I am all for going back to the old bowl system, and taking the control out of the hands of a committee or computer.

Give me tie ins, and toss any team who either has fewer than 7 wins, or is not a conference champ. Let the talking heads pretend their important, by letting them declare their own National Champion, all while other polls make their declarations.

I do not mind having more than one National Title claim ... If the conversation is valid enough, it only strengthens the sport. And if these teams want to prove something against each other, let `em schedule a neutral site match up in the following season. Put up, or shut up.

I'm tired of the media trying to tell me what my opinion is. If espn wants the SEC to have 3 teams in the playoff, then have them put 4 of `em in, and become their official sponsor. It's what they want, anyways --- Then, afterwards, leave the rest of us alone.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:---

I am all for going back to the old bowl system, and taking the control out of the hands of a committee or computer.

Give me tie ins, and toss any team who either has fewer than 7 wins, or is not a conference champ. Let the talking heads pretend their important, by letting them declare their own National Champion, all while other polls make their declarations.

I do not mind having more than one National Title claim ... If the conversation is valid enough, it only strengthens the sport. And if these teams want to prove something against each other, let `em schedule a neutral site match up in the following season. Put up, or shut up.

I'm tired of the media trying to tell me what my opinion is. If espn wants the SEC to have 3 teams in the playoff, then have them put 4 of `em in, and become their official sponsor. It's what they want, anyways --- Then, afterwards, leave the rest of us alone.

A big Amen
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “General Discussion”