Name Three Teams......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Name Three Teams......

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:44 pm

....... in the current Top 25 CFP Ranking that you believe could beat Alabama.

Here’s mine in no particular order:

Clemson, Oklahoma, Washington State
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Name Three Teams......

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:48 pm

I think Clemson can. After Clemson, I don't think that there is another team if Alabama comes to play. I think they are the most talented team in CFB and at least one of the top five most well coached.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Clemson and Army...not really but I barely knew what the internet was the last time they were actually ranked so I just wanted to throw it out there anyway.

Do I think UCF is better, NO. But I think they could win. Their QB is mobile and accurate and that has been the key recipe to beating them. We will never know because "they" dont want us to know.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:25 pm

I agree with you both...... Clemson can line up and play with the Tide, otherwise, from what I’ve seen, the only other types of teams that stand a chance are the two high powered and high scoring offenses I mentioned as I have yet to see another team that can line-up, play football and beat them. 8)
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Mountainman wrote:I agree with you both...... Clemson can line up and play with the Tide, otherwise, from what I’ve seen, the only other types of teams that stand a chance are the two high powered and high scoring offenses I mentioned as I have yet to see another team that can line-up, play football and beat them. 8)

I don't think Oklahoma can beat them. Defense can't be an afterthought to beat Sabin. I think West Virginia is the best team in the B12 regardless of the loss at OKie State. I really haven't seen enough of Washington State to say. I've only seen them in parts of a couple of games. Michigan, I think has a good enough defense, but their defense isn't good enough to erase the Bama offense and their offense can't hang with Alabama's defense. None of us really know about Notre Dame or UCF. They both could be capable. They look to be complete teams based on what we have seen from the people they have played. Notre Dame took down Michigan. If we believe that Michigan didn't improve the following 10 games or Notre Dame has improved equally then Notre Dame would be someone that could make it happen. I just don't have any way to really know. Actually, based on Bama's schedule you can't really say for sure they are good either.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:38 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:I agree with you both...... Clemson can line up and play with the Tide, otherwise, from what I’ve seen, the only other types of teams that stand a chance are the two high powered and high scoring offenses I mentioned as I have yet to see another team that can line-up, play football and beat them. 8)

I don't think Oklahoma can beat them. Defense can't be an afterthought to beat Sabin. I think West Virginia is the best team in the B12 regardless of the loss at OKie State. I really haven't seen enough of Washington State to say. I've only seen them in parts of a couple of games. Michigan, I think has a good enough defense, but their defense isn't good enough to erase the Bama offense and their offense can't hang with Alabama's defense. None of us really know about Notre Dame or UCF. They both could be capable. They look to be complete teams based on what we have seen from the people they have played. Notre Dame took down Michigan. If we believe that Michigan didn't improve the following 10 games or Notre Dame has improved equally then Notre Dame would be someone that could make it happen. I just don't have any way to really know. Actually, based on Bama's schedule you can't really say for sure they are good either.

........I just thinking it’s going to take a bunch of points to beat that ‘bama bunch.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:43 pm

I don't think anyone will beat Alabama...but here are the coaches I think would outcoach Sabin...just not sure they have the ammo. Sweeny, Smart, Leach, Here are the ones that can't Meyer and Harbaugh.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:57 pm

Meyer has beat him. He can’t this year. Not even if he got the chance. I don’t think Leach can either. I’m with you on Sweeney and Smart. Especially Smart. He knows how Sabin thinks. I think Petersen could beat him with equal personnel. We might find out if Brian Kelly can beat him.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:24 am

.......just don’t see ‘Bama losing a 4 - 5 score game. 8)

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 am

No, I agree.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:31 am

The way to beat Alabama is to get to the qb early and often.

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:38 am

Spence wrote:The way to beat Alabama is to get to the qb early and often.

......if someone decides to go get him, they darn well better get him, that guy can move, run, throw, and throw on the run.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:45 am

I never said it would be easy. :lol:

They still have to stop the run, but you can do that with pressure when the linebackers don’t have to drop in coverage.

Return to “General Discussion”