Gloom, Despair and Agony......

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Gloom, Despair and Agony......

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:57 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:-

Okie State could sub and rest what defense..?

They are as inept as their bigger brother in Norman. And if you can move the ball 70 yards in 50 second, 18 extra seconds gives you 3 more plays.

But, much like Donovan does, I digress

That’s a good point, it does take about 6 seconds to run a play, so the math is right, but giving the man the benefit of the doubt about not giving the Okie Staters the opportunity to substitute and RESET their defense is also plausible. Especially since we all know that coaching is as much an art as it is a science. :wink:

In any event, since you mentioned Donovan, I’ll say this, considering what theses coaches are being paid, art or science doesn’t matter, the outcome is what matters. :lol:

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Breaking news out of Morgantown:

Today on Sportsline, a radio and internet TV Mountaineer Sports show, there was a review of Saturday’s Oklahoma State game. The hosts of the show are all avid WVU fans, as you would imagine they would be. One of their guests today was a current College Football Game Official who works and calls games for the ACC and is a resident of Morgantown.

This Game Official earlier today was sent still photos and video of the final play from the Okie State vs West Virginia game. He was asked to review and analyze that last play and make the call........ the official mentioned two things, first a WVU receiver opposite the intended receiver committed an illegal pick, next the Okie State defender covering the intended receiver did not commit pass interference as he never held, turned, impeaded the progress or grasped the arms of the WVU intended receiver.

Now I suspect there’s a number of Mountaineer Fans that know what they think they saw and just ain’t gonna change their minds........ so there’s no need to tell them that the 3 times the Mountaineers were in the Red Zone, coming away with only 3 points AND a defense that gives up a 1st and 30 for an eventual touchdown late in the game, had ANYTHING to do with that loss. You just gotta love ‘em...... :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:38 pm

-

Ah, yes ... Fanvision.

Gotta own a pair of those slanted goggles, or your support card might get revoked.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Mountainman wrote:Breaking news out of Morgantown:

Today on Sportsline, a radio and internet TV Mountaineer Sports show, there was a review of Saturday’s Oklahoma State game. The hosts of the show are all avid WVU fans, as you would imagine they would be. One of their guests today was a current College Football Game Official who works and calls games for the ACC and is a resident of Morgantown.

This Game Official earlier today was sent still photos and video of the final play from the Okie State vs West Virginia game. He was asked to review and analyze that last play and make the call........ the official mentioned two things, first a WVU receiver opposite the intended receiver committed an illegal pick, next the Okie State defender covering the intended receiver did not commit pass interference as he never held, turned, impeaded the progress or grasped the arms of the WVU intended receiver.

Now I suspect there’s a number of Mountaineer Fans that know what they think they saw and just ain’t gonna change their minds........ so there’s no need to tell them that the 3 times the Mountaineers were in the Red Zone, coming away with only 3 points AND a defense that gives up a 1st and 30 for an eventual touchdown late in the game, had ANYTHING to do with that loss. You just gotta love ‘em...... :wink:

That is why I tape games even if I go to them. After it is over, I can watch them minus the in game emotion. And I can say with 100% confidence that the officials are almost always right on the field and I end up agreeing with them much more often the second time I see it. Even if they showed the replay the first time. I think it is an in game adrenaline thing. When I know someone is going to make a big play against Ohio State I tend to watch the side of the defense that missed the play and it you see things that you don't see during the first run. Kind of like being at the game and seeing a play develop that you don't see at all on TV because of the limited view.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:33 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:-

Ah, yes ... Fanvision.

Gotta own a pair of those slanted goggles, or your support card might get revoked.

The show host announced what they were going to do in the next segment of the show and broke for a commercial...... so I when and got my wife to listen to the upcoming segment. Now, understand my wife is one of those Mountaineer Fans that wears those thick lens tri- focal slanted goggles, and after the segment I asked her, “ Well, hon, what do you think?” and she said in that calm, soft and lovely voice of hers, “I think he’s a Bold-faced Lier.”. :lol:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Return to “General Discussion”