Group of Five

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Group of Five

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:Yeah, but that probably has as much to do with Richrod's ego as it did the Michigander arrogance. I hope Ohio State can give your boys a boost to the playoff this year, but I admit I don't like Ohio State's chances. Actually I don't see any way Ohio State can make it happen. MAybe root for another snow bowl where blizzard conditions make it impossible for anyone to move the ball or get any leverage and somehow Mike Weber gets lose for a 60 yard TD run as time runs out. Ohio State wins 6-0.

Richrod’s ego?..... hell, you wouldn’t believe the stuff he was doing at WVU that was against NCAA rules, and when the Athletic Director told him he couldn’t do those things and must stop RichRod went ballistic..... and btw, after RichRod left, the AD was canned, as the tail was wagging the dog. Bottom line, in my humble opinion, WVU dodged a NCAA bullet, that very well could have been a kill shot.

Yep, That was his problem at Michigan too. He was trying to do stuff that they wouldn't let him do. I have no love for that school up north but they run a pretty tight ship.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:Yeah, but that probably has as much to do with Richrod's ego as it did the Michigander arrogance. I hope Ohio State can give your boys a boost to the playoff this year, but I admit I don't like Ohio State's chances. Actually I don't see any way Ohio State can make it happen. MAybe root for another snow bowl where blizzard conditions make it impossible for anyone to move the ball or get any leverage and somehow Mike Weber gets lose for a 60 yard TD run as time runs out. Ohio State wins 6-0.

Richrod’s ego?..... hell, you wouldn’t believe the stuff he was doing at WVU that was against NCAA rules, and when the Athletic Director told him he couldn’t do those things and must stop RichRod went ballistic..... and btw, after RichRod left, the AD was canned, as the tail was wagging the dog. Bottom line, in my humble opinion, WVU dodged a NCAA bullet, that very well could have been a kill shot.

Yep, That was his problem at Michigan too. He was trying to do stuff that they wouldn't let him do. I have no love for that school up north but they run a pretty tight ship.

I’m confident they do, so whatever happened to the AD form Michigan that hired RichRod??
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm

Martin was asked to retire with RichRod's ouster. He still thinks it was a good hire even thought Rodriguez didn't have the support of most of the Michigan money men or former players.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 am

Taking their lunch money.... :lol: :lol:

Good analogy
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “General Discussion”