Boise State v Fresno State

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Boise State v Fresno State

Postby donovan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:00 am

On a cold Friday night, not as cold as a mothers-in-law kiss because nothing is that cold, Boise beat Fresno State, a school that has never won on the Celestial Blue Turf. Boise dominated the first quarter, Fresno the second and heading into the locker room, had a 10-3 lead. The second half belonged to Boise along with a 24-17 victory. Rypien was what he always is, calm and accurate, a running back, Mattison got 144 yards, all very productive.

Stands were half full, freezing temperatures versus warm front rooms not much of a decision. Officiating was so mediocre, not to one's particular advantage, but just in general. Boise got a first down with 18 seconds left that clearly was not when the chains came out, Fresno a touchdown where the player went out of bounds and back in to catch a touchdown pass (explanation was he was pushed which makes it okay...replay saw no push. Fresno as a completion overturned because the player did not have total control before the fumble. That took five minutes and should have been good.

The win by Boise will ensure the irrelevancy of the Mountain West.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Boise State v Fresno State

Postby Mountainman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:38 am

I skipped the Mountaineers Basketball game, the 9 pm start and the rain blowing sideways after a long day at the end of a long week was too much considering the noon kickoff for today’s game....... weather is clear/cloudy this morning with flurries, mid 30’s today 10-12 winds with gusts to 25, the passing game should be good to go.

Watch TCU’s defense today, Gary Patterson is a master of disguise and brings a lot of stuff to deal with...... 8)

Good win for the Broncos..... :wink:
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Boise State v Fresno State

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:48 pm

---

I enjoyed the Boise St vs Fresno St game [I agree, the refereeing was so/so] ...

It was much more entertaining than the Titanic that is the Louisville Cardinals. Syracuse was up 37-7 @ the half. If Babers hadn't called off the dogs to play more conservatively in the second half, they could've scored more than 70.

Petrino is proving my point about the Love affair people have with a Big Flashy Offense. If you do not care or understand defense, you will lose to teams who emphasize defense as an important aspect of the game.

Petrino has a track record of losing to teams the are defensive competent. And, when the opposing teams can also play strong offensively, you're going to get embarrassed. Which pretty much sums up Louisville's season.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”