Notre Dame -v- FSU

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Notre Dame -v- FSU

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:45 am

---

Watch out for this game on Saturday.

The Irish's starting quarterback Ian Book is out with a rib injury. So Brandon Wimbush will be starting for ND.

I know Florida State isn't very good this year, but Brandon Wimbush started the first 3 games for Notre Dame, and they barely squeaked out wins against Ball State (24-16) & Vanderbilt (22-17).

If the `Noles play their A-Game, they could keep this thing close. Florida State has a solid defense, and Wimbush hasn't really played since the 3rd game of the year. A couple of offensive mistakes by ND, with FSU scoring on defense, we might be recapping an upset come Sunday.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Notre Dame -v- FSU

Postby donovan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:28 am

The line hasn't changed because of this. Still Notre Dame -18 to -20

And that is as much as the line ever gets. So I guess the bettors are not hedging at all.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:50 pm

The game that’s got me thinking is the Ohio State and Michigan State game..... I stuck with the Buckeyes, for now, but the weather is going to be brutal, especially if those forecasted wind speed numbers turn out to be right. The Buckeyes throw it a bunch more than the Spartans, but they also run the ball more productively. Sounds like the making of a line ‘em up slobber-knocker and whoever wins the turnover and kicking game comes out on top.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Mountainman wrote:The game that’s got me thinking is the Ohio State and Michigan State game..... I stuck with the Buckeyes, for now, but the weather is going to be brutal, especially if those forecasted wind speed numbers turn out to be right. The Buckeyes throw it a bunch more than the Spartans, but they also run the ball more productively. Sounds like the making of a line ‘em up slobber-knocker and whoever wins the turnover and kicking game comes out on top.

The Buckeye team I've been watching can't beat Michigan State. Especially in East Lansing with the temps in the 30's and the wind blowing. I think MIchigan State's offense will shred the Buckeye D and Ohio State won't be able to run and will have lots of problems extending drives.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:49 pm

---

Major hitching point for Florida State ...

We had overnight snowfall into the early morning. Game time temperatures are going to be forecast around upper 20's to low 30's, with the windchill in the teens.

Sun down will be 5:30, so the kickoff time at 7:30 will be cold with no warmth from sunlight.

In other words, not exactly ideal weather conditions for a team from Tallahassee. Could very well be the neutralizer to any potential advantage Notre Dame would be giving up by playing Wimbush.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:---

Major hitching point for Florida State ...

We had overnight snowfall into the early morning. Game time temperatures are going to be forecast around upper 20's to low 30's, with the windchill in the teens.

Sun down will be 5:30, so the kickoff time at 7:30 will be cold with no warmth from sunlight.

In other words, not exactly ideal weather conditions for a team from Tallahassee. Could very well be the neutralizer to any potential advantage Notre Dame would be giving up by playing Wimbush.

The game will be about defense and the running game.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion”